Chapter -6-

"Love is Sacrifice" - David Oyelowo

Zoro was running late for the ceremony that good morning and a little while after he entered the government house, he was followed by the rumoured most beautiful woman in the world, Boa Hancock.

He had been quite wary of her. The reason being that she just would not leave his captain alone. She was relentless; always sending Luffy detailed love letters about her undying love for him and an unnecessary assortment of gifts that Luffy didn't care to use. Zoro learned that Luffy didn't want to marry her but that clear statement did not get through to her thicker than thick skull.

They met during an arranged marriage meeting in the course of Dragon's endless meetings to find him a suitable wife. Despite her being dangerously beautiful, she didn't have the personality to match and Luffy wasn't one to judge people solely by their looks. He disliked the way she treated people as if they were lesser than trash and a thousand times inferior than cockroaches. She was incredibly arrogant and had little value for human life.

She hated him at first- heck she hated all men - but after Luffy accidentally learned of her past concerning her being a victim of child slavery, he didn't bash her nor look down on her as filth but expressed how much he hated persons who withheld an individual's freedom, she realized that she loved him. Monkey D. Luffy was the only man who was able to create a crack within her stone heart and she wanted him all to herself.

Unfortunately for her, Luffy didn't want to marry her and no matter what trick she used in the book, she never succeeded in getting him to look her way. Boa Hancock had a major problem: Luffy stole her heart and she did not want to take it back.

Zoro entered the lightly packed room of the great building used for small gatherings of Holy Matrimony. As late comers usually do, he slipped into the row of seats at the back. He was never one to dress up but he made sure to make an effort by scoring a navy blue dress pants, a neatly pressed long sleeved white shirt and a navy blue tie; his three swords were naturally at his side.

Ahead of him, he could see Luffy looking quite dapper in a black three-piece suit, white dress shirt and white tie facing his soon-to-be wife, Nami. She boasted a well fitted, knee length, v-neck, chiffon, white, flowy dress accented by white flats with lace details at the quarter. Dainty pearl earrings were in her ears. Her brilliant locks were tamed in an effortless goddess braid with a few wavy strands out to accentuate her face which gave her a flawless, casual look. Luffy was clearly the luckiest guy in the room.

Everyone's eyes turned to the approaching priest, Bartholomew Kuma. A large man in his forties known for his quiet nature. He stood at the altar rested down his Bible and addressed the small audience. His eyes were strangely hidden behind big silver shades.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to witness the holy matrimony of Luffy and Nami, son of the Monkey D. Corporation and daughter of the Mikan Grove Foundation. If anyone present has any objections or reason of any sort as to why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace."

The room was silent. However, Zoro side-eyed the door tensely with a few sweat drops beading down his face. He waited, his ears alert. He heard muffled sounds ahead and looked to see Franky with a hand clamped firmly over Sanji's mouth as he struggled against him. Zoro made a face and shook his head. 'That idiot cook.'

A good three minutes passed and Bartholomew cleared his throat to continue where he left off. He opened his precious Bible and turned to a scripture.