Chapter -5-

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."- Jim Rohn

During the ride back home, Nami was beside herself in the back seat. A small smile played on her lips as she watched the passing stars outside the car window.

Meanwhile, her parents turned together to look at her.

"Is that really our daughter?" Genzo asked turning back to put his eyes back on the road ahead.

"I was wondering the same thing..." Bellemere smirked. She knew exactly what her daughter was going through right now and ensured that she gave her some pointers on marriage before her big day.

Upon their arrival, Nami slowly stepped out of the vehicle and made way to go inside the house while still having her eyes transfixed on the stars.

Around the same time, a lady with shoulder length purple hair who had not too long pulled up in a cab a few minutes prior to when they arrived, called out to Nami after spotting her from her perch on the garden bench. She didn't seem to hear her so she tried again.

Nami turned around after hearing a familiar voice and her eyes fell on her and widended.

"Nojiko?"

Nami was surprised to see her sister-figure standing in front of her. She was due to arrive the week after not today since she made it quite clear that she was unable to come in time for the wedding. Nami squealed and ran forward to embrace Nojiko. They were inseparable as kids and Nami loved her as close as a sister would. They would play in her parent's orange orchards and tell each other everything. However, the year Nami turned 15, Nojiko's folks moved away to another country but that fact didn't faze their friendship. They maintained contact and Nojiko visited her occasionally when she had the time.

"Surprise!" Nojiko exclaimed. Genzo and Bellemere greeted her like normal. She was like a second daughter to them and always welcomed her visits with open arms. They offered to take some of her bags inside and left the two standing outside. Genzo grumbled about how tired he was. The only thing he wanted to see was his warm bed. It had been one exhausting evening.

"What are you doing here? Didn't you say that you were coming next week?"

"I lied." Nojiko grinned. "I wanted to surprise you. I told your mom to keep it a secret! Why on earth would I miss my best friend's wedding? You know me better than that, Nami... Now tell me more about 'Monkey-Boy.' What was it like seeing him again after a whole month?"

"... Unbelievable. Just when I thought that this night couldn't possibly get better, you show up." Nami placed a hand on her hip and regarded her with a wry smile. She grabbed Nojiko's wrist and insisted that they talked over a warm bath.

As the two soaked in the bubble bath, Nami relayed to Nojiko the details of her evening. Nojiko of course was all ears.

"So how do you feel about all this?"

"About what?"

"About your arranged marriage? Luffy? Everything?"

"Oh... I'm actually excited and more than ready."

"You sure? Is he like an all-round perfect guy?" Nami nearly snorted at this.

"Far from perfect. He eats like a whale, he's too carefree and childish; stubborn to boot but..." she had a distant look in her eyes, "he's kind, speaks his mind. He's funny and he's sweet. Luffy's... Luffy's special and I can't wait to learn more about him."

Nojiko smiled at her and prodded her elbow on the corner of the tub and rested her chin on her closed fist.

"Does he have any ambitions for the future? I know that he is young and all but has he thought that far as yet?"