29; The Pain Won't Stop

Start from the beginning

It feels like my arm is going through a wood chipper. I look up and see myself in a shattered mirror that was leaning against a dumpster. I got closer, seeing the brilliant blue hue in my eyes. It was kind of scary, to be honest.

What am I becoming?

__________

I stayed away from the Marcel and the rest of the vamps for awhile. Nursing a tall glass of Dr. Pepper for an hour or so. I felt absolutely horrible for being pissy at Marcel. But didn't I have a right to be? He was willing to listen to that monster before me. I thought we were bigger friends than that.

Maybe, I should hear him out first. Hear his side, tell him my side, and live happily ever after. As King and best friend to the king. What is that called? A duke? A knight? I don't know, but the idea's there. I finally stop fighting with myself and head to the compound. I walk in to hear shouting and cheering. Marcel and Rebekah on one side of the room watching the vampires. As I got a closer look, I realize that they were beating somebody.

Not just anybody, Klaus.

Anger quickly boiled to the surface. Klaus lifted his head, blood smeared across it, his eyes having gold and black gracing them with dark veins surrounding his eyes.

"Stop!" I scream. I hold out both of my hands and scream in pain, falling to the ground. I hear the vampires groan in pain, but it turns into loud ringing. My vision blurs.

"Harper!"

_________

My hearing came first.

"How long has she been out?" a voice, Marcel's, asked.

"Twenty six hours," another voice, Klaus's, responded.

"I've known Harper for about a year now, and I've never seen her exectute power that big," Marcel stated.

"She's becoming more powerful. My mother, a few years ago, warned me of this," Klaus stated. "It will kill her if she doesn't pace herself."

"How can we teach her? We don't even know what she's going through," Marcel told Klaus.

"That's what I'm worried about," Klaus sighed.

My muscle movement came next. I stretch my body and open my eyes to the rooms bright light. I turn my head to see Klaus sitting in a wooden chair and Marcel standing beside him.

"Harper," Klaus breathes in relief. He quickly sat on the bed and moves a strand of hair from my face. "Do you remember what happened, love?" he asked. I nodded slowly, unsure.

"I lost control."

"We'll help you with that, love. How do you feel?" he asked me again.

"I'm okay. I feel normal, baby hybrid normal," I sigh as I sit up. Klaus cupped my cheek with his hand and inspected my face. "Klaus. I told you. I'm okay," I assure him, grabbing his hands. "What happened?" I ask.

"After you lost control, a lot of people were killed because of Klaus or you. Mostly Klaus, he fought his way through the crowd to get to you. I allowed Klaus to take control of my kingdom and live here," Marcel explained, with high biases.

I gave Klaus the stink eye and sighed. "I'm sorry, Marcel. I-" I began.

"Harper, you couldn't control yourself. I forgive you," Marcel assures me. I give him a half smile and look to my hands.

"Get ready, sweetheart. We have a date with the vampires in an hour," Klaus tells me.

"Can you stay with me?" I ask him. I look past Klaus to Marcel and give him a small smile. "Bye Marcel," I wave to him.