Chapter 20- The Third Task (part 1)

A/N: sorry for not updating! I've been super addicted to this game called Mystic Messenger and I haven't been able to life properly since I got it so..... yes that time is finally here. It is time for the third task!
----
(Third person POV summarizing the gap between ch 19 and 20)

Hermione and Y/N went to Hagrid's alone. Harry and Ron went off on their secret mission, which no one knew what it was. All four of them met up later in the common room and went to dinner and then to sleep.

(Your POV)

I woke up with a yawn and stretched. Though I was only halfway through my stretching when I remembered today was the third task. Goosebumps prickled on my skin. What time was it? I hurriedly looked around and found that the time was 6:30am, the task would be starting soon.

I threw on some clothing that I wouldn't have minded being torn considering I didn't really know what I was going to have to do today. I bursted out of my room and into Hermione's dorm.

The other girls looked at me weirdly as I stood at their door, my hair a mess and looking like a lion's mane.

"Go on," I flapped my arms, " go back to sleep or get up. No need for you to be staring at me. I've just come to collect my friend. Come on Hermione get up."

She swatted at me with her pillow and mumbled something incomprehensible.

"No need to be like that. Get up. Today's the third task."

She swatted at me once more, her hand stopping mid swing. Suddenly she bolted upright. "The third task! Why didn't you start with that?"

"Well I tried," I mumbled.

"Why are you yelling at me to get dressed? You're not even dressed! Go on! Shoo! Wear something cute!"

"I'm going, I'm going. Do I usually not dress cute?"

"Uhh.... you always look cute. I just meant because today's the third task and you should look extra cute."

"Why?"

"No reason."

"I'm not getting back together with Harry today if that's what you're thinking."

"O-of course not, just thought you should look your best because we'll see who wins and there's a banquet tonight."

"I guess that makes sense," though I looked at her to see if she was lying.

She chuckled awkwardly.

"Well I'm going to get dressed, meet me in the Common Room in 20 minutes," she retreated into the bathroom.

"Gotcha."

(I'm gonna wear this, feel free to wear whatever)

*20 min later*

"There you are, you two take forever to get ready," Ron complained.

"We are girls, we do take pride in our appearance," I stated.

"Whatever. Let's go, the task will be starting soon."

"But we haven't even had breakfast!"

"Well then get a quick breakfast!"

"We're going, we're going. Come on Hermione."

*time skip to the third task*

"Come on Hermione, Y/N. We're going to be late!"

"We have time Ron, pipe down!"

"Let's just sit," I whined.

"Fine," we all plopped into the stands and watched.

(Harry POV)

Dumbledore announced the third task. I couldn't pay attention, my heart was pounding so loudly in my chest. He said something about shooting off a red flare. The signal sounded and we were all running into the maze.

I kept running until my feet could I longer keep up with me. A red flare shot up- someone had already given up.

I had to shoot some spells to avoid obstacles- closing in walls, spiders, you know, the usual. I heard grunting and saw Cedric and Viktor fighting.

I was about to leave, but something was definitely up. Viktor didn't seem to be trying to delay Cedric, he actually looked like he was going to kill him.

"Stupefy!" I shouted causing Viktor the fly backwards.

"Thanks Harry," Cedric said. He had a limp and could barely walk.

I hoisted him up so he was leaning on me and shot a red flare into the sky so Viktor could be collected.

(Your POV)

I saw another red flare shoot up into the sky. At this point I didn't know if Harry was one of the ones left or not. Terror consumed me and I broke free from the stands and ran into the maze. People screamed after me but I didn't look back, I had to make sure Harry was ok.

I was attacked by a thorny plant and almost swallowed by the leaves. Luckily I had remembered a spell that Hermione taught me and I used it to get the plant to release me. I had a pretty bad cut across my thigh where the thorns had cut through my pants though.

I kept running towards the center of the maze, keeping my hand along the right wall. I heard that's how you solve a maze so I was relying completely on hope.

Finally, I saw a clearing and a light. I looked in to see Harry dragging Cedric across the lawn to the Goblet. I raced towards him. They had a huge lead on me but they were moving slowly.

They reached for the cup so I jumped.

(Harry POV)

I heard a voice scream from behind me.

"No!" the person yelled.

I turned just as Cedric and I touched the cup.

"Y/N!" I screamed. "Get out of here!"

But it was too late. She had latched onto part of the cup and we were all being swallowed into a blinding light.