Chapter 6

(Harry POV)

After the trial was over Madam Pomfrey allowed us to see [Y/N]. For some reason the spell only seemed to have gone wrong with her.

"Any new leads?" I asked hopefully.

"I'm sorry dear, I'm afraid I don't have anything yet."

Malfoy stared st her intensely, like he thought she was purposely trying to leave [Y/N] in that state.

"Could you hurry?" he asked, annoyed.

We each took a seat on either side of her, grasping her hands. Malfoy's knuckles turned white.

"You're going to crush her hand if you keep holding it like that," I snarled.

Madam Pomfrey came bustling into the room once more.

"Boys you each need your own rest, I'm afraid I have to send you back up to your dorms."

"No!" we both shouted.

"My, my what tempers. I suppose I can set you up cots to sleep on, but there will be no noise or I will not hesitate to send you away."

"Thank you," Malfoy stated sincerely.

I had to clear my ears to make sure I wasn't hearing things. He said it in such a soft tone. I could tell he loved her. Every time he looked at her. Every time she smiled. I hated him for it.

(Draco POV)

We both lay on the ground right by her bed. We weren't talking but I knew he was wondering if she was going to be okay just as much as I was.

I waited until I was sure Potter was asleep. I could hear his faint snores coming from the other side of the bed. Some boyfriend he is, I scoffed. I stood up quietly so I was peering down at [Y/N].

I swiped a couple loose strands of her shiny [H/C] hair away from her face. She looked so serene just lying there. I leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. How I wished to see her E/C eyes shining in the sun and hear her contagious laugh. I lay back down on my cot, forcing myself to try and sleep. It was no use, every time my eyes closed for more than five minutes I would jolt upright, afraid something bad had happened.

Morning rolled around and I was already sitting up when Potter awoke stretching his arms. He stared at me.

"How long have you been up."

"All night" I stated tiredly.

"Why?"

"Because Potter, I was worrying about your girlfriend. Obviously you don't care as much as I do, what if something had happened last night, huh? I'm going to the bathroom" I didn't even give him time to answer.

I pelted my face with water forcing away the angry thoughts. Now they were just replaced with sorrowful ones. I left the bathroom. Potter was standing, already in his robes.

"I know neither of us want this but we're not excused from class."

"Yeah, yeah" I muttered, changing into my robes.

What was today? Wednesday, I'm pretty sure. That means I have, potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Care of Magical Creatures. So I have a free period after lunch.

(Harry POV)

Today was Wednesday, meaning I have DADA, Divination, and Potions. I told Hagrid I'd meet him after lunch though and I can't back out now. I'll rush back here as soon as possible. I kissed Y/N on the cheek before rushing to breakfast.

Hermione and Ron kept babbling during breakfast and I had no idea what they were saying, let's hope it's not important.

The morning classes kept dragging on and finally it was lunch. I didn't eat much and Malfoy on the other hand was stuffing his pockets with sweets. Hog, I thought. I set off to Hagrid's my mind still on Y/N.

(Draco POV)

At lunch I stuffed my robe pockets with pastries and brought them to the infirmary.

"Hey Y/N" I cooed, "you have to wake up because I brought (favorite pastry)."

She didn't move, "Ok I guess I'll just sit it here, right by your bed."

"Mr. Malfoy" Madam Pomfrey swished into the room carrying potions, "you certainly are here quite often."

"Yes mam" I mumbled, "would you like any help?"

"My, my I certainly haven't seen this side of you" she teased. "You can help me look through these books and see if any of the symptoms match those of Y/N."

I quietly started skimming the books, my eyelids becoming heavier with each turning page. I... can't.... fall....asl-

(Harry POV)

I walk into the infirmary after my classes and find Malfoy slouched in a chair, a book in one hand, Y/N's hand in the other. I become jealous and separate the hands. I snatch the book out of Malfoy's hand and see what he's reading. Magical Diseases and how to Cure them I begin skimming the book. It's not very interesting but if it can help cure Y/N I'd do anything.

I prop myself on the cot and continue reading. I hear a small groan and look over, Y/N had moved slightly. That's some progress! That's a good thing! That is until I realized instead of her head being faced towards the ceiling it's facing Malfoy. To top it off, Malfoy was awake and now he's smiling, directly at her. I begin letting out angered breaths. You know what it was just coincidence, and sure enough a moment later she lets out another small groan and rolls her head towards me. I let out a triumphant smile.

Malfoy rolls his eyes "we should go get dinner." He says walking out of the infirmary.

"Yeah" I say following him.

We don't look at each all through dinner, I shove food into my mouth until I'm full and wade my way back over to the infirmary.

Malfoy's already there and I hear him talking, "please you've got to wake up. I haven't eaten, I've barely slept. If you can't wake up for me, wake up for Harry."

My body's shaking and I feel like curling into a ball. Draco really has been affected by this, I can see the bags under his eyes and his cheeks are starting to hollow out and become more defined.

(Draco POV)
I hear Potter clear his throat and I quickly wipe away the tears tracing their way down my cheeks. I turn my frown into a grimace and narrow my eyes. I won't let him know I'm weak. We just sit in silence, staring down at Y/N praying she'll wake up soon.

Nightfall comes and Madam Pomfrey once again tries to shoe us out. Then she takes one look at me, the pleading in my eyes, and leaves. I don't plan on sleeping again tonight, but I do lay across the cot. Potter doesn't seem to want to sleep either, probably because I went off on him this morning.

(Your POV)
I can hear some whispers. They don't sound like words though. I feel trapped, my muscles won't move and my throat is parched. I try to scream but a strangling whimper comes out. Someone save me from the darkness. I want to be let out. I'm trying to kick and scream, I can feel some movement, see some flashes of light.

(Draco POV)
I hear a faint whimper. Potter and I shoot up and stare.

"help me" she whispers.

We stare at each other.

"help me" she says louder.

She starts kicking, her arms and legs flailing helplessly.

"We need to calm her down!" Potter screams.

"How?'

"Try anything! Just help her!"

At once we both lean in and hug her, wrapping our arms tight around waist. The flailing stops and the whimpers die down until she's still again.

(Your POV)
And then I'm falling back into darkness.