Chapter 8- Goodbye

A/N: I hate myself for writing this and I hope you don't die as much as I did. I mean I do tend to over exaggerate, so it probably isn't as bad as I make it out to be.
-------------------------------------------------------
(Draco POV)

I turn around utterly speechless. I'm about to break down again.

"Y-Y/N?"

No, this is impossible. Voldemort wouldn't let her go unless he got what he wanted. My mind suddenly fills with panic.

"What did he say? He didn't get you did he?" My eyebrows are furrowed as I study her over.

"I'm completely fine. He didn't get me." I looked at her curiously, "I promise Dray" she's looking me directly in the eyes and I know she's not lying. I notice her grip still on my wrist and I stare. She catches on and lets go.

She turns her head towards Harry, "hey babe."

"Hey" he whispers back and I'm suddenly burning with jealousy. "You need to rest."

"I'm scared" she looks down.

He leans closer to her, "why?"

"I don't want him to come back."

"He won't." He kisses her on the forehead.

"Stay with me" she whimpers.

He clambers into the bed with her and I'm forcing myself to keep from pushing him out of the bed.

"Well um... It looks like you two are set for the night." I make my way to the infirmary door.

"Be safe Dray." She's looking at me with worry and its taking all my might not to kiss her.

"I will" I smile weakly and leave.

(Harry POV)

She tucks her head into my chest. She's shaking slightly.

"It's going to be ok, as long as I'm with you I'll let nothing hurt you."

She nods hesitantly.

"Will Dray be ok?" She keeps asking about him and it's getting on my nerves.

"I'm sure he'll be fine" I spit.

"I'm sorry, I'm just scared."

"I told you you're safe with me."

"I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about... never mind."

"He'll be fine, he's capable of making his own choices.

(Your POV)

"That's what I'm afraid of" I whisper so Harry can't hear.

Soon enough Harry is sleeping with me cuddled against his chest.

"Sorry" I whisper getting up.

My legs are jelly; I'm grabbing at whatever I can to stay upright. As the door comes nearer my legs begin being useful. Praying no one wakes up, I slip out of the room. Ok the Slytherin dorms. I think. Somewhere cold, most likely. I believe Dray said they had an underwater view so somewhere in the dungeons. How do I get in though?

Luckily, I didn't have to get that far. I hear a light sobbing coming from around an abandoned corridor. I look around and see white hair popping out from a scrunched up figure.

"Dray" I whisper.

His head shoots up and he wipes the tears away.

"You shouldn't be up" his voice is stone.

He's wearing his robes and he looks like he's about to go somewhere.

"Where are you going?"

He doesn't answer, just looks away.

"No" I fling myself at him. "I won't let you go."

"I have to" his arms wrap around me.

I looked straight into his eyes.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, if you go I will never speak to you again."

His face is a mix of shock and sadness.

"That's perfect. They won't hurt you if they believe you don't care about me. And maybe you never did." His voice is hoarse.

I push myself away from him. What does he mean I never did? I confessed my love to him. Does he think it was a joke?  I can't just stop caring. I need him and I know he needs me.

"Don't go" my voice is unsteady, "don't leave me. I can't just stop caring and pretending you never mattered because you always have. I have cried my heart out thinking you'd never notice me! So never, ever say I never cared. I have cared so much more than you'll ever know!" I'm suddenly angry.

His usually stone cold face is chipping away. It's left with a boy who's broken. He's the boy with the broken home. He's the boy with his future planned for him. The boy who doesn't get a choice. The boy who was my first love. The boy whose heart is breaking. The boy who won't tell me why.

"Don't you think I cared too! I've always cared! Do you know how many times I had to pretend you weren't there? Every damn day! Every day I saw your heart break because you thought I didn't notice you! And look what happens! As soon as I decide I'm going to try, you end up with Potter! And then you almost die! Because of me! I never plan on letting that happen again! If I don't go it will!"

"I don't give a damn about myself! If you go, a piece of me will break and you won't be able to fix it. So if you leave don't bother talking to me or looking at me ever again!"

He looks at me, hurt flashing across his eyes. Then it's replaced with hatred.

"You know what? That's probably for the better. Goodbye Y/N."

"Goodbye Draco" I'm keeping myself from falling apart.

He turns and he leaves. Walking down the hallway, ignoring the girl who's bursting at the seams to grab him so he'll stay. Except I'm planted. I can't move. So as soon as he rounds the corner, I fall onto the cold stone floor and cry. Right in the middle of the corridor. A million pieces of my heart shattered.