Chapter 11- Just Memories

A/N: wow it seems like a lot has gone on since Harry asked Y/N to the Yule Ball. And I know  the Yule Ball came before the second task. But we're going to pretend for the sake of the story that it didn't. Ok? Good.
------------------------------------------------------

(Your POV)

The Yule Ball was quickly approaching. It seemed like forever since Harry asked me. So much has happened. Draco hasn't talked to me since.... the incident. I kind of miss him. Harry has been clinging to me more than usual. He makes sure that I make it to my dorm at night and makes sure that we're never more than five feet away from each other.

"See you later" I call to him.

"Be safe" he looks at me with concern.

"Because so much could happen to me in the library. The worst thing would be Hermione hitting me with a book for getting bored." She rolls her eyes beside me.

"Come on."

"Why so eager" I inquire.

"No reason" her face flushes red.

"It's a boy!"

"No it-it-s not."

"Mhmm" I tease. "I'll pry it out of you sooner or later."

(Harry POV)

"Mate, you've got to stop." Ron looks at me. "You're seriously obsessed with her."

"I almost lost her once, I don't plan on doing it again." I'm watching Y/N and Hermione head towards the library. "And you know Voldemort wouldn't just leave her alone."

"Blimey! You can't just go around saying his name, mate."

"Sorry" I mutter.

"She'll be fine. She's with Hermione."

"But you know how Hermione gets when she's reading a book. She wouldn't even notice if anything happened."

"Well what are you going to do? Do you just expect us to spy on them in the library?"

I give him a sly smile.

"For Merlin's sake, what have I just done?"

I pull him off towards the library.

(Draco POV)

Y/N seems happy now. She doesn't seem to care that we haven't been communicating. But sometimes, when I catch her eye, we stare at each other a little longer than we should. She usually pries her gaze away first, leaving me to wonder what I'm missing. Her and Harry seem even closer than usual. I'm not sure if it's because of the incident or something else.

Pansy keeps bringing up the Yule Ball and saying things like "my dress is going to be really short" or "there's a zipper that runs the length of it." Sometimes she'll go as far as "I need a matching bra, want to help me pick it out?" And the worst by far has been "what are we going to do after the Ball?" I knew exactly what she was implying and I had to hold back the urge to barf.

(Your POV)

"Hermione" I sing.

"Y/N we've only been studying for 15 minutes."

"That's not what I was thinking."

"Then what was it? I would like to study."

"More like you would like to study Viktor Krum." I wink at her. "You've only been staring at him for the past ten minutes."

"N-no I haven't." Her face is burning scarlet. "I was just thinking intently about the information I just read..."

"What did you just read about?"