Chapter 13- Night and Day

A/N: Finally we're getting to the Yule Ball, jeez! It's been forever! 500 READS?! That's amazing! Thank you people reading so much! Above is MY Yule Ball dress. You can picture yours as that or pick your own. I'll probably update sometime next week, but then I'll be gone for awhile. On with fan fic!
-------------------------------------------------------
(Your POV)
I planned on staying in my room until the Yule Ball, but apparently Hermione planned otherwise.

"What are you doing cooped up in here?" She barked.

"I just have a- a slight headache," totally believable.

"Like I believe that. Especially after you and Draco exchanged gifts, something else is definitely going on." She sat at the edge of my bed showing me she wasn't going anywhere until I told her what was up.

I gave in, I couldn't refrain from telling my best friend. Letting out a sigh I started, "well you see, when I gave Draco his gift he left me a note. It asked if I still wanted a dance with him at the Yule Ball, I asked him when we were both friends if he would save me a dance by the way. I just responded to him with an owl saying-"

"That you don't want a dance with him anymore, I understand how you feel. You feel bad for rejecting him especially because you both had feelings for each other-"

"What? I was going to say I told him I'd love to have a dance with him."

"Do you really think that's safe, especially considering your past?"

I had a feeling she somehow knew about the broom closet. "It'll just be two friends having a friendly dance, that's all."

"Just be sure nothing else happens."

"Nothing will," she looked skeptical, "I promise."

She sighed, obviously not believing anything that came from my mouth, but she didn't press further. "Your life, I'm not going to run it," though she seemed to run everyone else's.

"Why don't we go see the boys?"

"Sure, I'm fairly certain they're playing Wizard Chess but once Harry sees you I think he'll forfeit the game," she gave me a little wink.

I rolled my eyes, "you make it seem like he's obsessed with me."

"He is."

"No he's not, he just loves me and I love him."

"Aww young love," she giggled and pulled me out of the room.

We made out way down the stairs and found the two boys in an intense game of Wizard Chess. Harry hadn't seemed to notice me yet. If he was obsessed with me, he'd be able to tell I was here by my scent or something.

I waited until Harry had made his move and wrapped my hands around his eyes, "guess who."

"Hmm, I don't know, Hagrid?"

"Hardy har har," I mocked and sat on the floor next to him.

He scooted over in his seat, "want to sit?" he patted the space next to him.

"Sure" I had half my butt on the seat and half off. It was back to Harry's turn, "move your queen" I discretely pointed to one of the squares on the board.

He nodded, though I doubt he even thought of the move he was about to do, at least he trusted me. He moved his queen and hit the timer.

Ron furrowed his brows and I knew he knew what I was planning, but it was too late, there was no way around it.

"Bishop to B4."

I knew he would make that move, involuntarily I moved my arm and grabbed the piece I was going to use, my rook, and move it into place. I hit the time clock, "check mate" I declared.