Gerard

I go to Brendon's room after Patrick called him for breakfast and him not answering. Fear begins to grip me as his bed is empty and his change of clothes and phone are still there, waiting for him. 

You're not going anywhere, are you? 

"Of course not"

    They must have taken him! I remember the look he gave Patrick when he replied and the shake in his voice. My heart rate increases as I thunder down the stairs and run straight into Patrick's arms, sobbing in fear. 

"Hey, hey," Patrick strokes my hair soothingly, "We'll get him back."

"You promise?" 

"I promise" He nods.

"How?"

"Research," He says and I roll my eyes despite the situation, "I sensed that Gee! Don't try and get smart with me!" He teases, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Lead the way Pattycakes"

"Pattycakes? Seriously?" He shakes his head and playfully sticks his tongue out at me, "Come on, this adventure must start at the library."

I lean back on my chair, bored of reading through the legends of 'The Dreamers'.

"Sorry Gee," Patrick smiles softly at me, "Do you wanna go on one of the computers while I finish with these?" He points to the books to his right that are mostly in braille. I nod and he hands me his library card so I can log on.

I wander down the aisle after aisle of bookcases stacked with books of all kinds. I run my fingers over the spines as I pass, too engrossed in thought to see the boy standing in front of me until I crash into him.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He turns and I stare up at him, our eyes meeting, as I think that he is the hottest boy I have ever seen. He's also stopped and I frown, "I . . . You . ." he stutters as I stand up. I tilt my head slightly and he shoves the book in my face for me to read.

"There are many types of powers soulmates have that can only fix their other half. They can vary from The Dreamers, The Blind, The Color Blind and the rarest is The Silent Ones.

The Color Blind ones are the most common and they are born into a black and white world until they find their soul mate. As soon as their eyes meet the Colour Blind's world will become colourful. There are a few cases of when the affects have been slow but there is also a feeling like a sharp stab in the heart area."

I skim read it and my heart drops. He looks at me and I blush.

"I . . .It has to be. . ." He stutters and I panic, turning on my heels and running back to Patrick. I hide behind Patrick as he stands up to see what I'm running from. The boy appears and Patrick frowns at me.

"He's my soulmate"

"Are you sure Gee?" He asks so I take the book from the boy and hand it to Patrick who skims through, leaving the boy in shock as Patrick reads it with his blindfold on, "I see."

Patrick looks at the boy and I blush again, still hiding behind Patrick.

"Look, we're in a situation right now and if you can help us I'll think about you having Gee." Patrick tells the boy who nods obediently.

"What's your name?"

"What's your name?" Pat words my question.

"Frank, sir. Frank Iero." He tells us.

"Sir?" Patrick laughs, "I'm Patrick and your soulmate here is my best friend Gerard."

"Gerard." Frank repeats slowly and I can't stop the smile slipping onto my face.

"Right! Let's explain everything to Frank." Patrick says so we sit down at the table.