Patrick Imagine: Over-Thinking

*Mentions of Rape (sorta)*

Patrick watched as the clock went from 10 to 2 AM, a million scenarios running through his head.

He saw you under some other man, running your delicate fingers up their spine.

He saw you dancing on some guy in a club, ignoring his hands on your swaying lips.

Even worse, he saw you laughing and whispering your love to someone else. Someone that wasn't him.

Patrick stood up abruptly and grabbed his cell phone, calling you.

Straight to voicemail.

Now the scenarios were becoming more vivid.

The first guy was making you scream as he worshipped your body all night long, like Patrick was used to.

The second guy had suggested that you two take this somewhere else, as he pulled you deeper into the shadows of the club.

The third guy had simply just taken you into his arms and pressed a loving kiss onto your lips and you felt safe, safer than you had ever felt with Patrick.

Crash!

The lamp fell off of the table quicker than it could register in Patrick's mind that he was the one who broke it. He ran his clammy fingers through his dirty blond hair, close to pulling it out in clumps.

He paced the living room, thinking over everything he's ever done wrong, everything you've ever done wrong, and everything you've both done right.

Why would you be cheating on him?

The door opened slowly and the sound of the rain outside got louder. Patrick quickly turned to see you shivering as you walked into the house.

"I'm back." You said softly. Patrick looked at you from head to toe. Your make up was running, lipstick smudged, clothes wet and disheveled, and you held both heels in your hand. He looked back up at your sad sunken eyes and pointed and accusing finger.

"What did you do? What did I do?" He said, attempting to keep a steady voice.

"Patrick, please-"

"Who were you with tonight (Y/N)?"

"..."

"Answer me, dammit!" You just shifted your eyes to the floor nervously, unable to get the words out.

"Why did you cheat on me? What did I do to deserve this?!" Patrick yelled, flipping the coffee table. You flinched but looked back into Patrick's eye.

"I never cheated on you!" You defended.

"What's with you then? You didn't call or anything. I was worried sick once 12:30 rolled around and you weren't back." Patrick scoffed. You bit your lip, fresh tears threatening to escape from your eyes.

"I...I was almost raped, Patrick." You said in a soft voice. In an instant, all of Patrick's anger disappeared along with the imaginations of the different men you could've been with tonight. Instead, he only felt sadness and disappointment towards himself for jumping to conclusions. Patrick took you in his arms and let you cry into his shirt.

"Shh, you're okay now. You're home and safe with me. I won't let anything happen when you're with me. I love you so much baby girl." He said softly, rubbing circles into your back. You just cried harder into his chest and pulled him tighter, all while Patrick mentally kicked himself for ever thinking that you could cheat on him.