↣ letters (4) // angst

stupidness ahead?? i guess??
im sorry i just thought id update that one story a little more
i hope its alright??

That wasn't the end to their story, oh no.

This was only the beginning.

Their new beginning started with moving boxes and unpacking random shit. Akaashi didn't have much, but he still needed some things.

Their new beginning started with cuddles and kisses and flirting like they were teenagers again.

Their new beginning started with the fan running to get rid of the summer air, and lazy Sundays, and holding hands.

Their new beginning started on one question, "Are you sure you want to try this out again?"

It begun with one answer, "Yes."

---

Akaashi was thinking hard.

He was thinking hard about where he came from; the place with the pretty summers and vicious winters, the place where his highschool volleyball games were all that really mattered, the place where Akaashi met the kind Kenma and funny Kuroo and beautiful Bokuto.

The place he felt at home.

But in his poor, aching little heart, he knew that there was no home to return to there.

He knew that his only home was with Bokuto now, who was lying with him in the middle of the night, sleeping soundly.

He was perfectly fine with that.

---

For once, after all this time, Akaashi woke up feeling peaceful.

He woke up feeling happy and blissful and smiling. He wanted to hold onto this practically indescribable feeling forever, into eternity and beyond.

He felt like he was going to be happy forever. Bokuto was lying peacefully at his side, and the soft morning rays shone through the window. There were still boxes to unpack, but they had all the time in the world.

Well, he thought he did.

Akaashi reached over to get a pen and paper from the nightstand drawer; he wanted to see if he could try and draw this. He hasn't gotten the energy for something like this until today.

But Akaashi's hands found something else, and even before he looked down at the drawer his hands started shaking and the mood of the room went dark.

"Kou. Kou, wake up."

"Mmnnhg. Good morning, Keiji." Such a sweet sweet smile was on his face, but it changed almost as soon as he saw the angry look in Akaashi's eyes. "What happened? Did I kick you in your sleep--?"

Akaashi held up a package of cigarettes between his fingers, hiding the terror in his voice.

"What the hell is this?"

Bokuto looked at the package for a few seconds, avoiding Akaashi's eyes. But then he just let out a sigh and a shrug. It infuriated Akaashi. "I told you I've changed."