↣ prank wars // roommates au

"Psst. Akaashi."

Akaashi really wanted to get used to being waken up in the middle of the night, but college makes people tired. So he wasn't surprised to see Kenma trying to shake him awake at one am in all black clothing and a cat-eared hat on his blonde head, but he was sort of annoyed.

"I had a dream I was getting proper sleep on this damned campus, what do you want?"

"I have the perfect idea for our next prank. C'mon."

This little war has been going on too long, Akaashi growled to himself. Two months and six days is too much.

Sure, Kenma's random mischevious smile was both scaring Akaashi and making him (platonically) love him even more, but instead of reacting the messy haired boy threw a pillow over his head. "You can shove that idea up your ass."

"Aaaaaaakaaashi!"

"You sound like Kou. Stop."

"Since when did you start calling him Kou?"

"...I'm sleeping now--"

"Nooooo!"

"You'll wake them up, and whatever evil plan you have will fail!"

"I have like, three backup plans!"

"God, you're so annoying-- Fine! I'll do it."

"Yayyyy!"

"What did Bokuto-san teach you..."

Kenma pulled him out of bed and they tip-toed down the silent hallway. "Oh, so now you're covering up you calling him Kou. Don't think I don't know you're fucking gay."

"I'm not gay, Kenma."

"Lying is a sin!"

"So is being gay."

"SIN!"

"SHH! You'll wake them up!"

Kenma sighed a little bit, and for a second he was his normal self. Then when they got to the door, his eyes lit up like Christmas lights (even though it's only September). "Let's go wreck some havoc."

"You're scaring me, Ken."

"Call me Ken again and you'll definitely have something to be scared of."

Sighing a little, Akaashi left the dorm trailing sleepily behind Kenma. As soon as they stepped outside, the taller boy began to feel even more regrets creep under his skin.

It's cold and dark and I really don't want to be kidnapped and my bed is warm and I have a test tomorrow Jesus Christ if you're up there please don't make me do this--

"Alright, so look," Kenma looked around, and then looked Akaashi right in the eye again. "You're good at math, right?"

"I-- no?"

"What? Really? You look like you're good at math--"

"Just because I'm Asian--"

"Akaashi, we're both Asian. "

"I-- I like math, I'm just not really good at it, I guess." Kenma gives Akaashi his best "that is the most bullshit i've ever got out of one sentence" look, and Akaashi sighs. "I used to be good at math. In second grade-- anyway anyway, what do you need it for?"

"Well, see, I haven't exactly finished my calculations for this prank."

"Oh God, I'm already scared."

"See, we have to figure out the distance from the second floor window of our dorm to the dumpster and see if anyone can survive the fall."

The four boys had the worst luck when they got their dorms; maybe they were side by side, which was lucky, but they don't get a view of the town like everyone else, they get a view of an old brick wall and the smell of rotting food.