↣ shooting stars // fluff

"Which constellation is that, Akaashi?"

"That one? That's... that's just a triangle, Bokuto-san."

It only felt like a few minutes, but the two boys were staring up at the sky for hours with each other. But Akaashi liked this-- he liked this peace and quiet, and this civilized conversation, and the crickets chirping around them in the grass.

He loved looking up at the stars, but Bokuto turned his head away to look at Akaashi instead-- he was far more interesting, somehow.

Either way, Bokuto was just happy to be cuddling up to the absolute best person in the entire world, and watch his eyes light up looking up at the sky and reaching for it.

"But look, see? That one up there shaped like a 'w' is called Cassiopeia. It's sort of my favorite, for some reason. And that one up--"

"How do you know so much about stars?" Bokuto asks suddenly. Akaashi pauses a few seconds, putting his hand down.

"Well... I like stars."

"Oh." He gave the younger boy a look before sighing, "Anything else?"

"Hm?"

"Don't play dumb! You never talk about yourself, I don't even know your middle name yet we're dating!!"

Akaashi lets out a small laugh, and Bokuto ends up staring again, goddamnit.

"You never ask the right questions."

"You never give the right answers!"

"I don't think you care that much," Akaashi sighs. Bokuto gives him a pouty look.

"I hate you."

"Love you too," Akaashi smirks, "Just look at the stars idiot."

He did. He sat back in Akaashi's arms, marveling about how warm and soft he was, and wished he could stay like this forever.

Several more minutes of silence pass by before Bokuto sits up again.

"Akaashi?"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you a question?" His gold eyes were bright and filled with curiosity, but Akaashi cut it off with "You already did, Bokuto-san."

"Can you make a wish on a star?"

"Uh-- shooting stars, if you want. Why?"

"Nothing! I just wanted to wish for something."

Akaashi only rolled his eyes at him and ruffled at his hair a little bit, tugging him back down to the grass. "Yeah, whatever. You can wait for one of you want."

It took awhile, but it was worth it. A pretty, sparkling star streaked across the sky and Bokuto closed his eyes, wishing he could be with this salty, pretty setter forever.

---

i!! have!! given!! up!!