finding out

Hope you enjoy this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it!!

__________________________________________

"Good morning Probie, Boss. Sorry we are late, Ziva's car broke down," Tony greeted, looking over to his partner. "But we brought coffee!" He said, placing the four coffees down on Ziva's desk and handing them out to his colleagues with a satisfied smile on his face as he remembered the night before. Ziva quickly glanced Tony's way and gave him a quick smile. McGee was oblivious to his colleague's interaction, whilst Gibbs on the other hand had noticed the whole scene unfold.

"DiNozzo, David, can I have a word?" Gibbs asked sternly, turning and walking in the direction of the elevator. Both Tony and Ziva exchanged frightened looks but still followed their boss, trying to act as innocent as possible.

Once the three agents were securely inside the elevator and the doors had shut, Gibbs swung his body around to face the control panel. The elevator came to an abrupt and rather terrifying stop. He then slowly turned to face his agents, arms crossed over his chest. Tony and Ziva shared another panicked glance.

"Is there something going on between you two that I should be informed about?" Gibbs asked, breaking the silence. His arms still crossed over his chest.

"uh, no. I'm not sure what you're talking about?" Tony said nervously, his hands fiddling with his hair.

Gibbs responded to Tony's nervous comment with his famous glare. "The truth, please."

To Gibbs' surprise, Ziva was the first to crack. "Yes, Gibbs, there is something going on behind the scenes and there is more to our partnership than meets the eye. We just wanted to find out what it was before we told anyone. We just wanted to be sure," She said, eyes welling with tears as she took a step towards her boss. She looked back to Tony for support as she grabbed his hand and intertwined her fingers in his. "We hope you can forgive us for breaking rule number twelve."

Tony wrapped his fingers around hers and took a supportive step forward. He squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Yes, there is something more to our partnership but we hope you can be supportive of our decisions."

Gibbs stood in front of his two agents, his eyes wandering from their hands to their faces as if he were scoping out prey. "I am happy for you both to figure out what is going on with your relationship, but I also believe you should tell the rest of the team before it gets more complicated."