A New Case

A/N- sorry if there are any grammatical errors, i forgot my glasses, i will fix them when i have time haha. also please comment what you think and what you want to see in  later chapters!

__________________________________

They let go of one another's hand just before the doors of the elevator into the bullpen opened. They looked at each other and stepped out of the metal box and into the large orange room.

"Hello, Tim," Ziva greeted her colleague, a smile radiating across her face.

"Yeah, hey Probie," Tony followed with a content smile.

"Hey guys, why so happy?" McGee asked, suspicious as to why his fellow agents were so happy so early in the morning.

"Just happy to see you!" Tony joked, laughing quietly.

Ziva let out a slight chuckle at Tony's humour. "Yes Tim, just happy to see you," she agreed, looking across the bullpen at a smiling Tony.

"Ah... o-okay..." The Probationary Agent stammered, not quite believing either of them.

"We have got a case," Gibbs interrupted, he had entered the bullpen sometime during the convocation without anyone noticing.

"Where, Boss?" Tony asked, grabbing his go-bag and heading towards the elevator they had just exited.

"Downstairs, in Autopsy," Gibbs told him, heading in the other direction, the two other agents hot on his heels.

"Oh..." Tony said, his face growing red as he ran to catch up with his team.

Ziva chuckled a Tony slowed down next to her, "Good one, Tony," she joked, still giggling at his mistake.

"Oh shush, you," Tony answered, tapping his partner on the shoulder jokingly as they stepped into the second elevator and hit the autopsy's level button.

When the doors finally opened again the four agents stepped out and walked through the automatic doors into the chilly morgue.

"What you got for us, Duck?" Gibbs asked the older English doctor.

"An unidentified body was sent to me and Mr. Palmer this morning. All we know so far is that he is former Navy, and was shot twice. Once in the head and again in the stomach," the medical examiner explained.

"Did he have any ID on him?" McGee asked.

"That's what unidentified means, Probie," Tony teased, receiving a sarcastic smile from McGee and a death stare from Gibbs. "Sorry Boss," he apologised.

Gibbs ended his stare at Tony and walked over to inspect the body. "Which wound came first?" He asked Ducky.

"The headshot"

"So the second gunshot was overkill," Gibbs said.

"Or a confirmation of death?" Ziva inquired, glancing at Gibbs then back to the nameless body lying on the cold, metal slab.

"Could be, Duck can you get all the evidence up to Abby? Tony, Ziva, McGee, check for Missing persons matching his description," Gibbs commanded, leaving autopsy and entering the elevator.