I Will Always Protect You, Ziva.

They arrived at Tony's apartment and unlocked the balky wooden door, "You know, I could have carried my own bag up two flights of stairs, Tony" Ziva complained, a slight sadness in her voice. She hated being unable to perform easy tasks.

"Ziva, you were shot and I am looking after you, so get used to it" he said playfully, hearing the sadness in her voice he decided it was up to him to rid her of it. No matter how hard that may be. "How about you get settled in my room and then you can come on out and help me choose a movie?"

Ziva smiled at his successful attempt to make her happy, "that sounds great"

"I'll get the popcorn and blankets ready. Take your time, there is no rush," Tony replied, placing Ziva's duffel on the ground next to his single bed."

"Uh Tony?" Ziva said softly, her change in tone caught Tony's attention straight away.

"Yeah, Zi?" He replied carefully

Ziva sat at the foot of his bed and looked him in the eyes, "Thank you." She replied even softer than before.

Tony looked back into her eyes and took a step towards her, "Anytime, it's great to have someone else here to keep me company"

She replied with a grateful smile and a turn to her bag to get her pyjamas. Tony walked out towards the lounge room and kitchen, closing the bedroom doors behind him to give her some privacy, as much as he didn't want to.

As she slipped off her khaki pants and slipped on her shorts she thought about what it would be like if he hadn't closed the doors, if he had left them open and watched. She wouldn't have been against the idea in any way, in fact, she would have liked it

The door hinges creaked as she swung open the doors to the mouth-watering smell of buttered popcorn. She made her way over to the three seater couch and sat down in the middle, giving Tony no choice but to sit next to her.

"What do you want to watch?" Tony asked, carrying an oversized bowl of buttered popcorn, "I basically have everything."

"Yes Tony, I know that. I think everyone in Washington DC knows that from the amount of movie quotes you know," She retorted wittily, taking the warm bowl of popcorn out of his hands. "You can choose, whatever your favourite one is, I will be perfectly happy with it," she told him, truthfully.

"Okay, how about 'It's a Wonderful life'?" Tony asked, remembering back to the time his mother had taken his to see it only weeks before she died.

"That sounds amazing" Ziva answered, remembering the time he told her the story about seeing it with his mother.

As the opening titles played, Tony felt Ziva's head fall onto his shoulder. He looked down to find her sleeping, a slight smile on her face. He smiled and pulled a blanket over her to keep her warm.

"I will always protect you, Ziva." Was the last thing she heard before she drifted off to sleep.