*Bonus Chapter* (4) Xavier's POV: 2012

Start from the beginning

After much thought on what to do, I scrolled through my contacts and found one of the first names at the top to be my answer.

Angelica.

Angelica was a young witch I had had a one-night stand with, so to speak. I had only slept with her to get information on Lucy's whereabouts. It was yet another regret on my part, but the witch was rather insistent. She is highly attracted to vampires, whether it be for the thrill or it be her way at rebelling against her family, I'm not quite sure. After our night together, which led to no useful information, she has been rather eager for me to see her again. I suppose, with a slightly dark reputation as mine, she has had her eye on me in particular. It could be used to my advantage considering witches usually ask for something in return, but I doubted she would even ask for gas money. She has, after all, sent dozens of texts to me I had never responded to. But she was the only option I had, especially considering she was the closest.

Bringing Angelica here would be rather awkward, I suppose. I wasn't fond of seeing the woman again. But if it made Lucy happy to have this spell removed, I'll have to bare it. Even though I was still burning over Lucy's harsh words, I didn't want her to know what had happened between me and Angelica. I didn't want to hurt her, though her words and attitude lately has had me questioning if she would even care.

I sent Angelica a text, asking her for her assistance as well as sent her the address. The only information I provided was that there were two spells and they were both the same, and I also explained the spell enough in hopes she would know exactly what it was. She replied within a minute, and another text was sent five minutes later saying she was on her way.

I didn't realize it was already becoming night again. After staying up the entire day, I didn't feel at my best. But I knew I had to handle El now so Angelica can break the curse.

I rocked myself to my feet and unlocked El's door to unchain her and bring her into the other room. She looked up at me, grinning madly as she watched me walking towards her. Her appearance was awful, with clothes ripped and shredded and her hair knotted and frizzed out. But I wasn't even remotely sorry for her, and there was no way in hell I was going to help her.

"Came for a quick one, lover?" she asked, flashing her teeth. "Just like old times, although I believe you used to be the one in chains. I much prefer you being in chains."

My thoughts went back to those nights and I immediately banished the memories. "I'm not here for that, and I'm also not here to drive a knife in your side as you used to do to me."

She frowned, getting onto her knees as her wild eyes looked over me. "It's been a while for me, as you know. From what I remember, you were quite good in bed. Might as well have some fun considering your lover won't even look at you."

This was why I thought about gagging her when I first brought her here. Elizabeth's favorite things to talk about were usually disturbing or intended to cause agony. She loved to cause pain. She loved watching her victim's face as she inflicted it. But I refused to give it to her and simply remained cold. "I will never touch you in that way again. I think I'd rather be eaten alive slowly by worms than even think about it."

Her frown deepened, clearly upset over me not reacting as she thought I would. "It's humorous because I bet your lover feels the same about you. She will take worms over you."

El grinned widely when those words broke through my coldness. She hit my weakness and I wasn't able to recover as quickly. I snatched her chains and began dragging her down the hall as she giggled and sang those words over and over again.

"Worms over you! Worms over you!" she sang as drilled a new hook in the floor and chained her up in the living room.

I grew frustrated with her Despite knowing she was a lunatic who lied, I was just low enough to let her words cut at me. Lucy would choose you over everything because she loves you. She's just so damn stubborn! I took a deep breath, as if it would do any good, but still couldn't shake the words out of my head.