2 - Locked In (NaLu)

"Everything's going according to plan. Operation G.O.G. is a go!" Jellal's words rang through Natsu's ear, making him rub it to ease the pain from hearing his voice.

'That damn Jellal...' the pink-haired teen muttered. 'Why does he have to keep announcing these things? I know it's working, I'm with Lucy, aren't I?' It was true that he was with Lucy right now, since it was his plan from the beginning to get him and Lucy away from the crowd of friends that will be a hindrance to him later on when he goes in for the catch.

Speaking of the blonde, she was eeirly quiet these past few minutes. He glanced at her silently to see if she was alright. She had both hands folded neatly as she walked quietly. They were currently on the second floor right now, and since the storage room was another floor below them, they still had to go down the long staircase.

Natsu put both his hands at the back of his head and walked nonchalantly, hoping it'll catch the attention of the blonde. And as luck would have it, it did. But not the way he wanted it to, though. She was glaring at him and her arms were now crossing her chest. She didn't look like she was liking the way he was walking.

"What are you doing?" she sneered. Natsu looked at her confusedly, before grinning his usual grin. It made him feel comfortable that Lucy notices him. Instead of spacing out, she should pay more attention to him. Yes, he's that type of guy. A really possessive guy, and if you get in his way, he'll go all dragon on you.

"What?" he asked. "Is it bad to walk like this?" Lucy pouted, then half-closed her eyes to form a sleepy glare directed to him. Even though she didn't know it, she looked her cutest when she had just woken up. And imitating her face like that was very pleasing to him indeed. If she was going to be cute, might as well be with him. He wasn't the kind of guy that would try and do things to her, if she didn't agree with him.

That's why Natsu decided to take advantage of the time that they were spending on walking to see if Lucy arises any feelings for him. If she didn't want him the way he did, he'd just let it go and let her be happy. But if he sees anything that might make him think she likes him as much as he did, he'll do whatever it takes to get her.

When they saw the flight of stairs that would lead them down to the ground floor to where the storage room was, the pink-haired teen yawned out loud, causing Lucy to glance at him.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "Feeling bored?" When Natsu heard her voice, he blinked a few times before grinning widely again.

"Me?" he asked. "Nah. I wouldn't be bored as long as I'm with you." At that, Lucy's cheeks gave a light shade of pink and she looked down. Natsu saw this and smirked inwardly. Seeing her all flustered like that just because of what he said? Maybe she did harbor the same feelings as he did. But he needed to do more than just say things. He wanted to show it indirectly before he could be sure she liked him, too.

Well, like might be too small a word to describe the way he felt for the blonde. He wanted her like he never wanted anything or anyone before. He wanted her to be his and to be the only guy that makes her smile. The one that would wipe away those salty, cursed tears that even manage to hurt him whenever he sees it from her eyes. If he could make her his, he'll be all that and more.

As he tried to think of anything that could show her his love for her without her realizing it yet, Natsu's eyes landed on the scenery outside. The sun had set half-way, and it made a beautiful cascade of color all throughout the town. It was almost the perfect sunset for any couple to enjoy.

"Hey Lucy," he called. "Could you come here for a second?" He walked towards the windows, Lucy following him closely. When they got there, he looked at the sunset and smiled.