Chapter 4

Melody's POV

The rest of the day dragged on. Thankfully I made it through the first day without drawing too much attention towards myself. Queue happy dance.

The bell just rang, Yay schools over... Finally! I can go home a do nothing until I have to do my homework. Ugh!

Chris walked me to my locker, he leaned against the one next to mine while I put my books away. I closed my locker and we headed to the parking lot. Before I got into my car Chris asked if he could come over. I nodded I didn't have the energy to speak. It's been quite a long day.

I got into my car and he got into his. I drove home slower than usual.

*Skip car ride*

I got home and parked my car, Chris parked his next to mine.We walked into the house. My bros and cousins were all standing in the living room. Then saw my face and all shared a confused and concerned look.

I guess they new my first day was terrible without me even saying anything. Hopefully they don't ask about it. I shake my head of course they are going to ask about it. After all they are my brothers and cousins.

They see Chris and all eleven of them do that weird bro-hug thing. I roll my eyes and head over to the kitchen. I go to the fridge and take out a bottle of water. I open it and start drinking.

They all follow me into the kitchen

They all follow me into the kitchen. After a couple of minutes of silence, Jace (My cousin) finally decides to break it.

"Mel are you okay? You have that distant look in your eyes and you look like you want to burst into tears."

My brothers and other cousins nod in agreement.

"You were thinking about the attacks again, weren't you?" asked a worried looking Mason.

I muttered a silent "Yes."

He opened his arms and engulfed me into a big hug.

He whispered in my hair, "What happened is not your fault."

Then he sighed."You need to stop thinking that it happened because of you."

I just nodded in this chest.

Ash and everyone else in the kitchen decided to turn our hug into a big group hug.

"Guys...Need...Air."

They broke up the group hug and said "sorry." They all smiled sheepishly.

I laughed them off and said, "It's fine you guys know I love you."

Greyson, my other cousin said "Let's go watch a movie."

Everyone agreed and we made it up to into our home movie theater. Yes we have a movie theater in our house perks to having an Alpha for a brother I guess.

 Yes we have a movie theater in our house perks to having an Alpha for a brother I guess

We decided to watch a Disney movie. I love Disney movies their so cute. I swear we're children stuck in adults bodies.

About ten minutes into the movie Ashton asked Chris a question. One question I had expected him to ask.

"Chris did any guys try and talk to my little sis?" He asked this looking directly at me.

It's finally time for everyone to meet my overprotective family. This question got everyone's attention they all look at Chris waiting for an answer.

"Nope" says Chris popping the 'p'. I just roll my eyes.

Why can't they just ask me it's not like I'm gonna lie to them. Even if I did lie to them they would be able to tell. I mean we have lived together for nine years we can read each other like the back of our palms.

After his answer everyone turns their attention back to the movie. I know what you're wondering, they're so overprotective over her but her best friend's a guy. Well I grew up with Chris, he's practically family.

That's why my brothers don't mind him being my best friend, plus they trust him to be overprotective over me when they're not around. Why is it that I can't get away from overprotective guys? Anyone have a answer for me.

After the movie Chris decides to head home. I walk him to the door. We hug each other then say bye. I watch him get into his car, he rolls down the window and says.

"See you tomorrow Mel" then he speeds off in the direction of his house.

When I say speeds off I actually mean it. We both love speed. And since some of my cousins are racers they may or may not of taught us a few tricks.

Chris and I are always racing each other. He's probably going to get home in five minutes driving the way he is.

I decide to be a good girl and do my homework. Me being good this is a very rare moment. After doing my homework Jace walks into my room.

"Do you want to go for a run?" he asks with hopeful eyes.

I nod in agreement.

The two of us go outside and meet up with the others. We all go behind a tree strip and shift.

I feel my bones bending, I close my eyes and when I open them I'm a big pure white wolf.

We all come out from behind a tree in wolf form. They all surround me to avoid people noticing a white wolf. This is how we run whenever I come along with them. Generally I prefer to stay at home while they run.

I might of forgotten to say that our house is in front of a forest. So it's easy to access if we need a run.

The eleven of us run for an hour or so.

"Let's head home we've been out for long enough." says Ashton through our mind link.

So the eleven of us head home. After the run I took a nice long shower. After my relaxing shower I slowly climbed into my very cosy bed.

I'm mentally and physically exhausted. It's been a seriously long day. I'm glad it's over so I can sleep now.

"Oh bed, you have no idea how much I have missed you." I mumble in my pillow.

"Someone's gone a little bit crazy." says Viola

I have no energy to reply so I simply block my annoying wolf out. Then darkness consumes me and I'm in my dream world.