Chapter 29

Alec's POV

Melody's family finally let me go and I race up to her old bedroom. When I got there I see my mate's head on a human with purple highlights in her hair's lap.

She keeps whimpering and there are tears rolling down her beautiful face. I suddenly struggle to breathe seeing MY Melody like that.

She deserves to be happy always. To always have a bright smile on her face that could instantly make my day. Right now I would do anything to make her happy and so that she'd forgive me.

I finally come back to reality and see the human looking at me with wide fearful eyes. I give her a stiff smile almost telling her I mean no harm.

I hurriedly walk into the room that still contains my mates addictive scent. I breathe it in trying to calm my nerves as well as my wolf who has now become restless and extremely worried.

I get to Melody and gently pick her up bridal style. I make sure I don't hurt her, I've caused her enough pain already.

"Melody..."

Her eyes flutter open and she gives me a very weak smile.

"I'm so sorry. I'm such a terrible mate. I should never have done any of those things to you. I've hurt you in so many ways I don't know how you'll ever forgive me. But I swear if you give me another chance I'll make it up to you. Because all I want to do is make you happy for the rest of your life. Because you've already made me the luckiest man just by being my mate. I'm so sorry." I say turning my head so that I'm no longer looking at her.

I honestly don't deserve her forgiveness. She's too good for me.

I feel I tiny hand grab my chin and move it. I know it's Melody's due to the sparks that fly through my face.

"I forgive you..." she says pecking my lips.

Then she leans in and puts our foreheads together. She's breathing heavily due to the pain she felt through our mate bond. I breathe in her scent as she breathes in mine.

I'm so shocked. I don't know whether to smile from joy or to break down into happy tears at this point.

So I engulf her in a hug. Knowing she's still in pain I use one arm to secure her legs around my waist and my other arm hugs her fragile body.

"Awwwwww" we hear someone coo in the background and we instantly pull away from the hug.

We both turn only to see the girl who had my mate's head on her lap. She smiles sheepishly at us and I nod in response. But Melody hides her now crimson face in the crook of my neck.

I readjust the way I am carrying her back to bridal style with her head still in my neck and I head downstairs.

I get to her old rooms doorframe and turn to the girl in the room.

"You might want to come downstairs now"

She nods and follows me down the stairs. All of a sudden the silence is replaced with her humming to a song I don't know.

We reach the end of the stairs and Mason immediately wraps in arms around the girls waist from behind her. Melody's family all growl at me. Giving me a lethal growl as if telling me to try anything.

Then I hear soft snoring and notice my Mel asleep in my arms. I nuzzle her nose.

"You aren't taking her anywhere!" says a pissed off Ashton standing protectively in front of his mate.

"I don't plan on."

I reply without taking my eyes off my sleeping mate. I eventually look up only to meet everyone's confused gazes.

"I'm not taking her into my pack territory." I whispered.

"Why?" asked Greyson.

"Because the rogues have launched an attack on my pack looking for a white shifter. Your sister being the white shifter she is not safe on my territory. They have not launched an attack on your pack Ashton. Do you see where I am going or do I need to spell it out for you? "

"So you want Mel to stay with us for protection purposes?" asks Ashton with a raised brow.

"Yes, I hate being away from her but she's safer here."

"Are you sure about this?" asks Dylan

"I'm an Alpha, I need to protect my pack and my mate. I can't do both when I know they're after my mate. I know she's safe here because your her family and you've always protected her."

"So are you just gonna leave her here?" asks Mason.

"I'd love to stay until she wakes up but my pack is under attack and as the Alpha it's my duty to stand with my pack and fight."

"You have our warriors if you need them." says Ash.

"No, I don't want the rogues to know you are involved in this. It's safer for Mel that way."

They all nod. I sigh I guess it's time for me to leave. I don't know how I'm gona do it yet but I will kill their leader. Just so that my Mel is safe once more.

I hope she doesn't hate me for leaving without saying goodbye. I sigh staring affectionately at her. I peck her lips.

"Give her to me." says Xander.

I nod briefly and hand her over. If he wasn't her cousin he wouldn't be allowed to touch her!

"Please tell her to stay her here for her protection. And that I'll come get her once all of this is over." I tell no-one in particular.
I kiss her forehead then head in the direction of the door. Before I turn the doorknob I say.

"Promise me you'll protect her and I'll promise to never hurt her like that again."

"We'll protect Mel like we always have. And we'll keep our part of the deal as long as you keep yours." says Jace seriously.

I nod before giving Mel one last glance then disappearing into the road. Once I'm outside I shift into my black wolf and run to my pack.

To fight for everyone I hold dear and love. Especially my Mel. To protect those who look up to me as their leader.

I promise I'll make it up to you as soon as this mess is all over. Once you're safe and in my arms where you belong my sweet Melody.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

Hey

Wow the last time I updated my book was last year. Guys I really sorry for the long wait. I just haven't felt like writing recently.

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to one of my friends who desperately wanted Alec and Melody to stop fighting. This chapter is for you nadibans.

I just wanted to say thank you to all those of you who have been with me since the beginning when I started this book. You guys are amazing! Thank you so much. This book wouldn't be where it is without you guys.

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Azzie01🌸