Chenle x Reader (NCT Dream)

Thank you so much shinshiye for requesting! I hope you like it!

"Ugh... They're fighting again? How many times are they going to fight in a day?"

"I know right, they've been going at it for hours already.."

"It's so loud when they start arguing..."

The murmurs of your classmates filled the classroom. They kept complaining about how annoying Chenle and you were, but neither of you really cared.

The two of you simply kept arguing. It was sort of like your daily routine, kind of like the way you both greet each other.

You honestly couldn't recall when it all began, or since when you had begun disliking Chenle. He, as well didn't really remember when was the moment his kindness towards you had all disappeared. All in all, you both held intense feelings of hatred towards each other.

Though, the truth was, these feelings had all masked out the true meanings behind them.

Ever since Chenle had moved in to your neighbourhood- back in 2nd grade, you had begun liking him. You had constantly looked at him from afar, wondering if he would ever notice you. But little by little, as the years went by, Chenle and you both unknowingly began getting closer to each other.

Though, the way you both got closer wasn't the typical romance in those love stories. In fact, it was completely the opposite.

Chenle had begun bothering you one day- and then afterwards, a whole thread of fights had unraveled.

Since then, many years had passed, the fights never stopping.

The truth was, you had apologised once in 8th grade, surprising the young lad. You had told Chenle you were sorry, and that you didn't really have a reason to fight with him anymore. However, Chenle simply moved on with your apology and proceeded bothering you.

Unbeknown to you, neither Chenle had found a reason to bother you. He was just afraid that if you both didn't really talk, or at least communicate through your daily arguments, he would lose the steady friendship he had tried so hard to build. After all, this was the only way he could talk to you.

Chenle never really wanted to admit it, but the truth was, he really liked you. He had simply attempted to mask out those feelings by putting on an angry expression.

You, on the other side viewed his feelings as intense hatred. Due to all those years of fighting, you thought that Chenle hated you. However, the both of you were oblivious to each other's feelings.

Now, you both were in 10th grade, where Chenle and you still fought. Even though it would be seen as too much time to fight, it sort of became a habit to greet each other with insults.

Fortunately though, your arguments didn't really affect much of your daily life. After all, you both needed some time on your own to study.

Nevertheless, you both also held your own social lives. You had a nice group of friends- mainly formed by boys. 

You had people to hang out with, such as Jeno, Jisung, and Jaemin. You had always seen them as friends. Which is why, you didn't expect the confession Jaemin had given you on Valentine's Day. 

***

14/2/16

4:46 PM, SM High School

"(Y/N)-ah! C-could I t-talk to you for a while? P-please?"

You turned around from the school gates, staring at your long time friend and classmate; Jaemin.