Taeyong x Reader (NCT 127/U)

Thank You so much Ella_Jin for requesting!!! I hope you like it!

"(Y/N)! Behind you!"

You immediately turned around, your eyes meeting a dull pair of grayish orbs.

You quickly took the gun in your pocket and pointed it at the creature in front of you. As soon as you pulled the trigger though, it fell to the ground, its head dangerously hitting the cement floor.

You ran as fast as you could to escape the scene. However, more similar versions of it began surrounding you.

"Where are they all coming from?! I thought we cleared out the entire area!"

You continuously shot down the wild creatures. They seemed to focus on you and Taeyong, the both of you now standing back to back.

"At this rate we'll have to abandon our plan.... I guess we'll just have to continue collecting food tomorrow."

You carefully analyzed the situation, realizing that little by little, the creatures were getting closer to your area.

Once the zombies were one foot away from you, you pulled out another gun, immediately shooting down the monsters.

All of a sudden, you heard Taeyong groan behind you. He silently murmured a few words, before tossing out his gun. Apparently, the trigger had been broken, the weapon not being of any use anymore.

"(Y/N), pass me your gun.."

Taeyong and you swiftly switched weapons, your hand pulling out a new pistol from your pocket. You turned to aim at the shrieking monster in front of you, it's hands reaching for your head.

"Quick! Let's run now! We won't have another chance if we don't leave now!"

You had no time to waste. Taeyong strongly gripped your hand, pulling you away from the crowd of zombies.

You both ran away from the scene, trying your best to find a safe place.

Once you reached an abandoned alleyway, you both hid in the shadows, trying to avoid being seen. Taeyong sat down on the floor, his eyes glancing at your tired form.

Even in the risky situation you both were currently in, Taeyong couldn't fix his eyes away from you. He loved you, and very dearly at that. He knew that at the moment, it was quite hard for the both of you to live the ideal life he once dreamed about, with you as his wife, and a small child running around his dream house. However, he knew that there was still a chance for him to accomplish his dreams. After all, you were always there next to him, supporting him daily. Taeyong felt like he could do anything, as long you were by his side.

"Well then, shall we go back to the refugee?"

You nodded in response, your hopes slightly rising as you thought of going back to the safe building.

After you caught up your breath, you prepared for another long run, Taeyong readying himself as well. You both gripped unto your guns, immediately running out of the alleyway before it was too dark. After all, zombies did actually lose all common sense in the dark. They would behave like wild animals ready to hunt the prey in front of them.

After a few minutes of running, you reached the familiar street. You excitedly turned around the corner, only to see smoke cover the entire area.

"Wait (Y/N)-ah!"

You stood to a halt, your eyes widening when you realized that your hideout was actually burning. For a split second, you thought you could see a tall figure inside the building. However, you simply ignored it and stood still, watching. Little by little, the building began crumbling, small flames falling unto the floor.