Haechan x Reader (NCT Dream/127)

Thank you so much hyunbin_meiliu for requesting~! Hope you like it •3•

"Alright boys! Let's begin jogging now! We don't want to run an extra mile, do we?" The sound of rustling feet filled your ears, as you slowly entered your school's gym.

After-school activities had just started, which meant that all the sports clubs would start their practices. You peeked inside, making sure nobody was paying attention to you.

You cautiously walked around, yet you didn't notice that a certain orange ball was heading towards your direction. You were too concentrated on admiring the volleyball team that you didn't hear the desperate calls of 'Be careful!'s and 'Watch out!'s. It was until someone grabbed your arm that you noticed the dangerously fast basket ball about to hit your head. Thankfully, you didn't get hit. It was all thanks to your mysterious savior.

You quickly turned around to face the most mesmerising dark, brown eyes that you had ever seen. You were so caught in a trance that you didn't realize that the owner of those eyes was talking to you.

"Are you okay?" He asked. You were so surprised to hear such a beautiful voice that you didn't notice that he had asked you a question.

"A-are you really okay?" He began panicking as you didn't respond. "H-hey... do you need to go to the nurse?" Even though you didn't really get hit, he thought you were injured. He  gently shook your shoulders, waking you up from your thoughts.

"H-huh?" You responded, absolutely confused about what was going on.

"Are you okay? Did the ball hit you?" He asked once again.

"E-er No... t-thanks though.. for saving me." You smiled gently at him, taking him by surprise.

A deep crimson spread through his face. He quickly gazed down, trying to hide his red face. 'She's so pretty,' He thought. He was absolutely flustered by seeing your beautiful smile, paired up with your gorgeous (Y/E/C) eyes. He couldn't avoid the inevitable blush growing bigger on his face.

"W-well then.. I gotta go so.. see you-"

"Wait!!" He cut you off, tugging at your wrist as you were slowly turning to leave.

"What's your n-name?" He asked.

You chuckled silently as you saw his crimson red face. "It's Kim (Y/N).. What about you?" He smiled shyly as he tried to avoid eye contact. 'Even her name is so lovely.' He thought.

"I-It's Donghyuck, Lee Donghyuck, but you can call be Haechan." He responded, as he flashed a bright smile.

"Ok then.. I guess I'll see you around... Haechan." You smiled cheerfully, turning to walk away. He simply stared at your leaving form, admiring you from far away. "Bye... (Y/N)-ah..." He whispered to himself, standing still in that position.

***

A week after that had happened, you lost your precious drawing notebook. You had searched every corner of the school, besides the gym. Which is why you were currently running towards it, trying to find it and leave as quickly as possible.

As you entered the gym, you noticed that once again, after-school clubs were going on. However, you were too concentrated on finding your notebook that you had carelessly ran across the court. The entire volleyball team was beyond shocked to see you dash across the court while they were practicing. You simply apologized as you moved on, searching throughout the benches.

There, you spotted a small, black object. Sitting on the lowest bench was your precious notebook. It had been sitting still and untouched. You sighed in relief, knowing that your journal was safe. You grabbed your notebook in a gingerly way and scanned through every page to make sure that it was still in its original state.