11

I decided to go with Jack to drop off Sophie. 

We fly through the air, me clinging to Jack's back as he cradles Sophie in his arms. Upon making it into her room Jack tries to lay the sleeping child down in her bed, but she won't let go of his neck. I laugh as he tries to kind of shake her off, which proves to be unsuccessful. He sends a pleading look to me as I stand beside him, making my smile widen as I give a joking roll of my eyes, before prying the girls' hands off of his neck and she releases her grasp only to roll over and fall out of bed. Jack lets out a small hiss as he reaches out to grab her before she rolls out of the bed but the shift of the mattress as he moves is what shakes her off.

Baby Tooth and I give Jack a scornful look as he sheepishly smiles back.

"Sophie? Natalia? Is that you?"

Our eyes widen as Jack panics and throws a blanket on top of Sophie as well as her stuffed animal. He then grabs my hand and pulls me into his chest before flying outside, closing the window and looking to Baby Tooth and I with a sigh of relief.

"We should get back."

Baby tooth and I nod before I open my mouth to say something when I get interrupted by him turning away, a distant, and confused look on his face as he stops. He looks out across the town, toward the woods.

"That voice, I know that voice..."

Baby Tooth and I look to him, worried, before we both share a confused glance. Something seems to switch inside him as he leaps off the window ledge, me still being held firm in his arms. Carried by the wind, Jack flies across town toward the woods as Baby Tooth follows, trying to keep up. Jack takes a moment to orient himself and lands, settling on a rotating vent; as the momentum slowly spins us around before he turns and takes off again

Jack finally slows, landing us in the middle of a thickly wooded area and sets me on on my feet. I quickly get nervous and wrap my arms around myself. It feels as if the chill is reaching farther inside than a regular breeze would. It makes me weary and anxious.

"Spooky. "

Jack scans the forest when again something seems to switch in him and he turns to give chase to who knows what. He sprints through the thickets, Baby Tooth and I following, and enters a clearing only to find the decrepit remains of a rotting frame from a child's bed.

I stare at it, my weariness increasing by the minute-no, second.

"Very creepy. This is how every bad horror movie starts. I say we head back to the others. Jack?"

I reach out to him and both Baby Tooth and I try to pull him back but he brushes both of us off and steps towards it.

"Don't worry, there's still time."

Baby Tooth desperately tries to get Jack's attention by tugging at his tunic, tweeting desperately. Jack takes his staff and breaks through the damaged frame, revealing a hole leading down into the ground before he turns and grabs hold of my waist, though I try to protest, before jumping down into the hole as I cling tightly to him.