Chapter 12

Ward's POV

As soon as I got Kat from Simmons she told me that she was ready to go home. I was extremely thankful because I had to go organize this date.

As soon as we got back to the house I went up to my room and took a quick shower. As soon as I got out a got dressed in a pair of dark jeans a white shirt and my leather jacket.

I made a quick call to Hunter. We had gotten along well after he figured out that me and Bobbi aren't together and that we weren't even interested in each other in that way. So now he was happily dating Bobbi, I really wanted to see how long that lasted though.

(Grant is in bold and Hunter is in regular font)

What do you want?

No need to be so rude. I need to ask for a favor.

That depends on what it is.

I'm going on a date with Skye tonight and I need you to help set it up.

Ooh, that's exciting. What do you need me to do?

Can you go to the spot down by the lake where the picnic table is and set it up with like a tablecloth and some candles.

Sure, can I ask Bob to help though, I think she knows a bit more about that kind of stuff than me.

Yeah sure I just need it to be done soon.

Alright we'll be quick.

Do you want us to pick up some food as well.

Yeah that would be awesome. There's a Chinese place close to the turn to the lake.

Alright mate, anything else.

That's it. Thanks man you are a lifesaver.

Alright I'll talk to you after to see how it went.
—–——–—–•—–——–—–•—–——–—–•
Alright now that I've gotten that all sorted out I need to find someone to look after Kat for tonight.

I walk over to the neighbors house, they have a kid around Kat's age that she likes to hang out with. I knock on the door and wait for someone to answer.

"Grant! It's so nice to see you. To what do I owe this pleasure?" She says smiling down at me.

"My parents are away on a business trip and I have a... date tonight?" I say as more of a question as I see her face light up.

She turns her back around to face the inside of her house. "James, Kat is coming over for a few hours tonight!"

As she says that I see her son, who is already eight, come running down the stairs once he hears what his mom said. He smiles up at me to show that he is missing his two front teeth.

"Hey buddy is it okay if Kat comes over here for a little?" I say squatting down so that we are level.

He just nods his head vigorously. "Can she come over now?" He asks anxiously.

"Yeah I'll go get her," I say walking back over to my house to get Kat.

I walk inside and Kat is sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

"Hey Kat, do you wanna go over to play with James for a little while I'm gone?" I ask her quietly.

She immediately stands up and grabs her bag with some stuff for her and James to do. "I'm ready!" She says with a huge grin I smile down at her as she runs next door.

I quickly drop her off and thank Kathy for taking her on such short notice. Of course she says it's no problem and she is welcome anytime.

"Bye Kat, I'll see you later okay?"

"Bye!" She yells as she runs to the playroom with James.

I run back over to my bike and hop on. As I get close to her house I see a small flower shop and stop to buy a rose for her.
I get back on my bike and zip over to her house. As soon as I pull into the driveway I check my watch and notice that it's exactly 7:00.

I walk over to the door and knock. A few seconds later Skye opens the door and I hand her the rose.

"How did you know that roses are my favorite flowers?" She asks me.

Honestly I didn't know that so I just told her that. "I didn't but I do now."

"Are you ready to go?" I ask her grabbing her hand as Jem comes over to take the rose and put it into some water.

"Yup, let's go." She says grabbing my hand as we walk out to my bike.

I help her on and soon enough we're on our way.

After about ten minutes in the bike we park in a parking lot and I help her off.

"Where are we going?" She asks curiously.

"You'll see," I say with amusement. I quickly take her hand and lead her down the path.

It's already starting to get dark so I'm glad to see that Bobbi put some lights on the side of the trail so that we could see.

When we get to the table I look over to see Skye. She looks so beautiful.

She looks over to me and catches me looking. "I love it," she says breathlessly.

"I'm glad. But it's all thanks to Bobbi and Hunter."

She turns to look at me and I smile at her confused face.

"They set this up for me. I hope you like Chinese food." I say more of a statement than a question.

"I love Chinese food!!" She says excitedly.

"I'm glad," I say again smiling at her enthusiasm.

"Come on let's go sit down." I say grabbing her hand and leading her over to the table.

We sit down and I take the food out of the bag setting it on the table.

We help ourselves to some and begin to eat. The conversation is steady and I learned that I really like her laugh.

"Follow me I want to show you something," I say pulling her up with me.

We walk over to the dock and he pulls me closer to him so that we are standing front to back.

We had just been sitting and talking for over an hour and I found that I enjoyed that a lot. As we stood there an something occurred to me.

"Do you want to go swimming?" I ask her.

She looks over to me with an excited smile. "Yeah," she says.

I pull off my white shirt and take my jeans off so that I'm left in my boxers. She follows suit, unzipping the front of her crop top and shrugging it off. She then removed her skirt and turns towards me.

"Well are you coming?" She asks sassily.

"I'm so getting you!" I scoop her up and throw her into the lake following after her.

--------------------------------

Well that's the twelfth chapter. Honestly I didn't think I would even write that much. Sorry that it's a little short. Thank you so much for reading this and voting. Also if my grammar is wrong please correct me.

As always

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW