Chapter 22

"Ty, do you have basketball practice today?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I got detention so I need a ride home."

"I can't take you. we got a game tonight and afterwards we're all going to Cory's house."

I sighed before turning around and going to the detention room. I walked in and took a seat in the back row. There were about five other students in here.

"I'll be right back, students. I have a quick meeting to attend so I expect you all to be on your best behavior while I'm gone," Mr. Smith announced in his way towards the door. He walked out and slammed the door shut. Everyone was quiet and still. This is my third time. I get detention for the same reason: tardiness. It's a bad habit.

I started to feel sick. I began to think of my day and how it went bad so quickly. I don't understand why I'm going through this. I began to think and think. I started overthinking and burst out in tears. I couldn't control myself. Tears of anger, sadness, guilt, and rejection, all at the same time, flooded my eyes. A feeling of nauseation stirred in my stomach. I ran out if the room and into the bathroom. I ran in an empty stall and threw up in the toilet. I felt lightheaded and dizzy. I cleaned myself up before going back into the detention room. I laid my head on the table and fell asleep until 4:00. Just in time to go home.

I slipped on my hoodie before heading out the school building. I felt better but still a little dizzy. As I walked down the street my vision became blurry. I sat on the curb and took my glasses off before I rubbed my eyes. As I sat down, I looked up and saw the gray clouds coming my way.

I slipped my glasses on my face and continued to walk home. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and tried to turn it on.

It's dead.

I slipped my phone in my back pocket and continued walking. About five minutes later I felt rain sprinkling on my glasses. I pulled my hood over my head and it started raining harder. The closer I got to home the harder the rain began to pour.

I began to cry and cry all the way home and my glasses began to fog up. I was stressed out and couldn't take it anymore. I tried to pour my heart out to Jacob and he walked away. Roc used me for sex and is now talking to some other chick. I thought he was sweet. I thought he actually cared about my feeling.

But I was wrong.

I was wrong about everything.

I thought Nique was my best friend.

I thought Jacob loved me. Now he hates my guts.

I thought there was hope for me to become happy.

I opened the door and walked in the house. I ran upstairs and hopped in the bed. I threw my glasses on the floor and cried my eyes out.

I cried and cried. I heard my mom coming in the house from work and starting dinner.

My mom came in and put a glass of water next to my lamp on the nightstand. She knows what I go through. I tell her everything. But when it comes to my crying, she knows not to bother. I don't like to talk while in the middle of crying. She just put the glass down and walked out.

I cried so much, I began to feel that sickness in my stomach again. I got up to throw up but I was dizzy. I fell and on the way down I hit my head on my nightstand. The glass of water spilled and the glass shattered all over the floor.

I laid on the floor looking at the ceiling with blurred vision. I managed to move my hand towards my head and felt blood tricking down. I was too dizzy to move. I stood there until I fell into a deep sleep.
__________________________