Chapter 5

*Two Months Later

Guess who got rid of her lisp! This girl! Yeah.. It feels pretty good to pronounce my s's.

"What's the answer to number 9?" Jacob whispered.

"91 percent," I whispered in reply.

"Uh-hmm," Mrs. Merrit cleared her throat. Jacob and I looked up to see her standing in front of us with her hands held out. We handed her our papers and quietly laughed when she turned around. "Class, you may be dismissed. Place your papers here on your way out."

"I think we just failed the test.."

"I think so too," Jacob replied. "You eatin in the cafeteria today?"

"No. Outside on the bleachers."

"Alright, I'll meet you out there."

"Okay." I was about to walk to my locker when Mrs. Merrit told me to sit back down.

"Miss Shaw, may I ask what you and Mr. Latimore were talking about during the test?"

Jacob sat down next to me and answered, "I asked for the answer to number nine."

She looked at me. "Did you give him the answer?"

"Yeah.."

"You two have an F on this test for talking during the test. This was unacceptable Blah Blah Blah.." She said a whole bunch of crap that I could really care less about. This has been happening a lot. I keep zoning people in and out. I try so hard to listen to people but there's just too much on my mind. After ten minutes of hearing her talk, she let us go and eat lunch.

*During lunch

"So what's up with Bahja?"

"Huh?"

"Bahja. I heard she got pregnant."

"Woah. I haven't talked to her in a long time.. Probably about two months," I replied, looking down. I miss Bahja..

"Oh.. I thought you guys were friends."

"I thought we were too.. But I guess not.."

"Oh. I'm sorry.. I know how it feels when people turn their backs on you for popularity."

"Really?"

He nodded. "You see Diggy over there?" He pointed at a guy who was sitting next to Bahja. "We used to be homies. We were tight. But I got braces and glasses. Girls found him unattractive for hanging around me. So he ditched me."

"Wow.. That's basically what I went through.."

"Yeah.. So are you still planning on running for president?"

"Ehh.. I don't know."

"I think you should. The only other person that's running is Marqus. And ain't nobody gon' vote for him.."

"I guess I could still run. Would you help me out?"

"Of course."

"You can come over after school today so we can work on some stuff."

"Okay. Let's get back inside so we can get ready for our next classes."

"Okay."

"VOTE FOR ZONNIQUE! VOTE FOR ZONNIQUE!" Bre was yelling while passing out homemade cookies that said 'Vote 4 Nique' in different colors.

"Are you serious? Nique's running for president?"

"Naw I'm just passing out cookies and yellin' vote fore Zonnique so I could look like an idiot," she replied.

"She knows I'm running for president!"

"Why would you run for president? Nobody's gonna vote for you. Nobody likes you, Tay. Get that through your head! You might as well quit."

"Tay, just ignore her," Jacob suggested.

"You better listen to your boyfriend. I don't wanna make anyone cry, today."

"You're right, Jake. I don't need to entertain irrelevant people like her." I started to walk off when I felt a sudden tug on my ponytail..

I ended up halfway killin a hoe that day.