Tension

Callie was pressed tightly against the cold wall of Derek Jett's home. His body was against hers, and their lips entwined. Their breathing was heavy and short, legs weak... The tension between them was thick enough to cut with a knife.

"D-Derek," Callie said between her ragged breaths. He groaned, and put his lips to her ear. "You have school," she said quietly. Derek's body tensed for a second.

"Shit," he said, realizing he had a little under a half hour to be ready and leave. He pulled away from Callie, and kissed her cheek, running off to the bathroom. She just stood there. What honestly had just happened? It was such an odd moment. It was like... Pre-sex. Callie just wondered, what would have happened if he didn't have to go...? She sat on the bed, her thoughts engulfing her.

Derek stripped down, about to take a shower. He breathed sharp, his mind racing and bouts of adrenaline pumping through his body. He looked down, seeing his "little friend," (not so little) bulging out from his boxers. This girl had a spell on him. He wanted her, no, not just for sex... He wanted her to be his. Over the past year, Callie had stolen his heart. No matter how much he denied it, there was no changing the fact that he loved her.

Callie put on new clothes, one of Derek's oversized button up shirts, and threw her hair up in a bun. Derek rushed out to find her on the couch. He was late, and there was no time to take her home.

"I'll take you home after school. There's food in the fridge and the internet password is in the extra room. No parties," he said with a smirk.

"Um... Okay. Thanks," Callie said quietly. She stared at her hands in her lap. He acted like nothing had just happened between them, and yet again, his businessy self was back.

"See you later," he said, leaving and closing the door behind him. Callie sighed. Did he just completely forget the moment they'd both had? It sure seemed that way.

Derek sat alone in the classroom. It was his planning period. He looked at his phone. Callie hadn't bothered to talk to him. He stared into nothing- until the bell rang and he was shaken from his gaze. Antsy freshman spilled into the room, killing any ounce of happiness left in Derek. He ran his hand over his face, and stood to reach the class for the last time.

Callie sat in the kitchen. She sipped a cup of luke warm coffee, and scrolled through her social media accounts. Derek still had not bothered to text her, though it was now 3 PM and he should be arriving soon. Callie had showered and done herself up, hoping the moping she'd done throughout the day would not be written across her face.

Only minutes after Callie had sat on the cold leather couch and flipped the television channel to her favorite show, House Hunters, the front door swung open to reveal Derek's more than exhausted, pale, beautiful face. His eyes were bloodshot, his skin flush, and his shoulders drooping. He let his bags hit the floor, and took a turn down the hallway, not batting an eye at Callie. What could be wrong?

Callie went after him, making sure he would not notice her right away. He shut the bathroom door, and Callie stood outside. Seconds became minutes, as Callie sat on the ground, waiting patiently but yet not so patiently for Derek to emerge.

What could be wrong?