I could definitely get used to living in America.

I smiled again. Bella was never the cold statue she pretended to be around Lizzy. She cared too much for her.

I never understood why she was so distant until she explained to me one night. It pained me to see how much she was hurting so I promised her I would always be there for her which brought tears to her eyes. I still remember those six words she whispered to me.

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

That's when I truly saw the pain she was in.

I sighed when I pulled up in her driveway. Her aunt would freak.

I slowly got out of the car, walked to the passenger seat and carried Bella bridal style to the front door.

"Davie!" Lizzy exclaimed as she ran over to me. "What's wrong with Bella?" her small face deformed in a frown.

Lizzy handled their parent's death way better. She'd been sad for a couple of months but eventually she moved on. Although there were times when she'd wake up screaming.

I only knew from the times I'd stayed over and heard Bella get out of bed to comfort her little sister. 

"She's just tired. Can you get your aunt for me?" I whispered.

She nodded and ran off to the kitchen.

I walked to the living room and put Bella on one of the couches.

"What's going on?" Anna walked with Lizzy on her hip. She saw Bella and her face turned pale. 

"All her emotions came back at once and... And it was to much for her." I swallowed a big lump in my throat.

"How?" Anna whispered with fear in her big eyes.

I clenched my fists as I explained to her what the bastard Ethan had done to her.

"Lizzy go play upstairs." she said quietly as she put her down.

"Okay." Lizzy said with a small voice.

"It's not his fault." Anna said softly as she walked over to Bella who was still unconscious on the sofa. "We knew this would happen sooner or later."

"I just hoped it would be in a different way." my jaw clenched.

"She loves him." Anna stated without taking her eyes off Bella.

"Sadly." I said bitterly.

Finally she looked at me with sympathy. "You should go. There's nothing you can do for Bella at this moment and someone has to tell Ethan what's going on so he won't kill himself worrying."

I simply nodded and turned away, walking to the door with robotic movements.

There was no way in hell I was going to let Ethan know what was happening. He deserved to roll in his own misery.

---Ethan's Point Of View---

Shit. I'm an idiot. A freaking idiot. Oh god. I said freaking. I never say freaking. I say fucking, never freaking. I'm such a moron. WHY did I have to kiss her? What the hell was running through my mind when I decided to kiss Bella? And now she was hurting... Because of me.

I frowned down at my hamburger from the school's cafeteria. 

I'd tried calling her but it went straight to voice-mail, every single time. Another sign of how much she was angry at me. And she wasn't the only one. David kept sending glares to my direction. Stupid prick. Like I wasn't  sorry enough?!