Chapter 5

The next Monday I drove to school for the first time in my new car. I loved it. And I didn't have to take the stupid bus anymore so that was a plus.

When I got to chemistry I noticed that two of Ethan's friends, Tyler and Danny, were in that class with me. Wonderful. When I walked past them both of them whistled and Danny winked me.

"Looking good new girl,"

"Wish I could say the same thing Danny," I said as I gave him a fake smile.

"Burned," Tyler laughed.

I rolled my eyes and went to my seat. I sat next to a guy called Sam in chemistry. He was okay looking, nice and really smart so I didn't mind. He didn't talk to much either which was fine by me, I liked being quiet from times to times. When I sat down he opened his mouth for the third time since the school started. I was counting.

"You know, no one ever talks to them like that." he said quietly.

"Yeah well, it's about time." I said annoyed.

He laughed. That was the first time I've heard him laugh. Then the bell rang and the class started.

After chemistry I had math, there I sat next to Rita. After that there was English and finally Spanish.

"I still don't understand anything." Shannon said to me after Spanish. "And now she wants us to do some stupid paper in Spanish? I'm gonna fail."

I laughed. "You're not gonna fail, Shannon. I'll help you."

"Thanks Bella," she smiled to me. "So what's up with you and Ethan?" I sighed.

"Nothing, why do you ask?"

"Well, the car thing..." she said carefully as we sat down at our usual lunch table. Cheryl and the twins were already there.

"Oh are you guys talking about the thing between Ethan and Bella?" Cheryl asked.

"There's no thing." I said.

"What thing?" Holly asked Shannon.

"The thing between Ethan and Bella." she answered.

"There is no thing okay?!" I got really annoyed.

"Damn girl, chill." Cheryl said.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"That's okay."

They exchanged some mysterious looks and Rita nodded.

"What's going on?" I was getting suspicious.

"We got you something!" Rita said excited.

"What, why?"

"For you birthday!" Cheryl smiled and handed me a blue Tiffany's box. I froze.

"Don't worry, it's not car keys." Shannon laughed.

"Guys you really didn't have to."

"Eh eh eh! Just open it!" Cheryl commanded.

"Bossy, much?" I laughed but did as I was told.

In the box there was lying a silver charm bracelet. There was only one charm on it. A tiny little heart with "love" written on it. I gasped and put it on.

"How much was it?"

"About 450 dollars."

I looked at them quickly. "Are you crazy?"

"We had savings, plus Cheryl's aunt is the manager there so it was really just around 200 dollars." Shannon shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh my god, you're the best friends ever! I love you all." I hugged them all over the table. "I have good news, too!"

"Well spit it out." Rita said impatiently. I laughed.

"So my dad's going away this weekend for his work and mom's taking Lizzy to see our grandparents so I thought..." They waited.

"Thought what?"

"I thought we should throw a party." I said with a devilish smile.

***Hi guys! So I'm trying to keep my chapters on the longer side but I don't know hahah:) Hope you like my story so far! Anyways, thanks for reading!<3***