Chapter 20

---Ethan's P.O.V.--- 

~Five months later~

"Hey! It's Bella, slash, Bell, slash, Isa, slash, Issy, slash, Isabella."
Bella giggled. "Sorry I can't come to the phone, leave a message... BYE!"

By now, I knew the voice-mail like the back of my hand. How could I not? It's the only thing I'd heard from Bella since the accident
I groaned in frustration and despair.
It had been five months since the accident took place and four months since I last saw Bella. She had come by to tell me she was fine and to give her some space... And I had. But now I was tired. Tired of waiting. 
I tried calling her again. A familiar song played whilst I waited, Starships by Nicki Minaj. I snorted at the memory; Bella hated that song, only listened to it in sarcasm.
"Hey! It's Bella, slash, Bell-" I threw my phone at the wall out of pure anger. 
"Woah! What did that poor phone do to you?" 
I turned around and saw Cheryl leaning against the doorway, grinning. Although she was grinning, you could see the sadness that shone from her eyes. Bella had been avoiding her as well.
"Hey." I smiled weakly. 
Cheryl had been dropping by once in a while to 'check up on me'. 
"So she still won't talk to you either, huh?" her grin faded away and was soon replaced with a sympathetic look.
I shook my head.
Cheryl walked over to me and pulled me in for a warm hug. I wrapped my arms around her. The hug was nothing romantic. Nothing special. Just two people who shared a mutual sorrow.
"Wow wow wow wow."  we pulled away and saw Tyler standing in the doorway. "Excuse me. That's my girl."
Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Way to spoil a moment babe."
"A moment? What moment? There was a moment?" Tyler plastered a shocked look on his face.
I swear, that dude could easily become an actor.
Cheryl rolled her eyes again as she walked over to Tyler and gave him a quick peck on the lips.
"Listen, I need to tell you guys something." Cheryl said reluctantly.
I waited for her to continue. When she didn't I rolled my eyes. "Well spit it out." I pushed her.
She bit her lip and closed her eyes. "Bella's coming back to school."
I froze. A minute passed. Cheryl opened her eyes.
Her words started to sink in.
Bella had been home-schooled for the rest of the year. I had gone an entire summer without her. I was slowly dying inside. I had had short flings with heaps of girls but none of those worked out... They weren't Bella.
"What?"
"Yeah apperantly her aunt thought it's time for her to..." she seemed to be looking for a correct way to put what she was about to say. "socialize with people in school."
"Wait, how do you know that? I thought she wasn't talking to any of us." I narrowed my eyes at her.
"Her aunt called me." Cheryl blurted out "she said something about Bella being difficult and was hoping that we could like, help her. Of course I said yes! I mean, she's still our friend and all, even if she's been ignoring us for months. Even you haven't dated properly since her so I figure you still love her and..." she trailed off and bit her lip again. "I'm rambling."
I laughed for the first time in months.
A small spark of hope kindled inside of me. Bella was coming back.

---Bella's P.O.V.---

"Ísabella, í guðanna bænum, drífðu þig! [Isabella, for god's sake, hurry up!]" my aunt shouted from downstairs.
I rolled my eyes and slowly continued putting on my red lipstick.
"Ísabella!" my aunt barged in my room.
"Jeez! Ever heard of privacy?" I snapped at her.
"Þú hefur ekkert þegar þú ert að verða sein í skólann. [You don't have any when you're late to school.]" Anna replied as she stuck her tongue out.
"I don't talk Icelandic anymore Anna." I stuck my tongue out towards her.
"Er það, já? [Oh, really?]" she raised her eyebrow.
"Whatever just get out of my room, you're the one who said I was gonna be late." 
"Oh so you understand now?" she smiled. She could be extremely threatening if she wanted to.
Anna was my aunt, that is, my mother's younger sister. She had lived in Iceland for most of her life and when my grandparents moved to America she stayed behind. She was twenty eight years old and a spitting image of my mother. Blonde hair, blue eyes.
I rolled my eyes again and turned back to my mirror. I had just gotten brown hightlights so my hair was now more brown than golden. Totally felt like Ashley Greene.
"Fine! Þú labbar. [You'll walk.]" With that being said, Anna snapped my car keys out of my purse and stormed out of my room.
"What?!" I cried out.
No answer.
I groaned, walked over to my purse and started browsing through it. 
I smiled as I found what I was looking for.
I picked up my phone and ignored the missed calls I had from Ethan. God, he was so needy.
No he isn't. A small voice whispered inside my head. I shook my head and focused on finding the right contact.
I grinned.
"Hey Brandon." I said with a sugar sweet voice. "Could you do me a favour?"
Who needs their own car anyways?