"Hey Abby, you finished eating? Cause if you are, you still haven't given me that tour you promised!" Jupiter called out upon seeing me and I smiled innocently.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I promise I haven't forgotten," I said as I looked over at Pluto, who was watching me suspiciously.

"Did you need something?" He asked. It pleased me to know he was bothered by my presence.

"No, I just wanted to talk to Jupiter. Is that okay with you?" Frowning, he stood up straight.

"No, it's not actually. What are you up to Abigail?" He pressed. It was obvious I wasn't all that great at hiding my intentions, so without hesitating a moment more, I whipped out the squirter and sprayed the pickle juice all over Pluto's crotch area. With a yelp, Jupiter jumped back as Pluto reached forward with amazing reflexes and grabbed the half empty squirter from me.

"You're a little brat, you know that!" He snapped as he emptied out the rest of it in my direction while I tried to dodge the stream of pickle juice.

"I'm a little brat? I'm the brat! You're the brat; you embarrassed me in front of my whole gym class!" I snapped back, grabbing for the squirter. Instead of giving it to me though he threw it in the trash.

"If you want to fight Gail, I'll fight you." He growled.

"Pluto, let it go. She's a girl, control your temper." Jupiter scolded as he tried to get in between us. Instead of acknowledging him though, I looked Pluto dead in the eye with a scowl.

"Meet me out back then, I'm not afraid of you." I challenged. "And stop calling me Gail." For a long moment then, Pluto looked like he was seriously considering dragging me out back, but instead the corners of his mouth twitched and next thing I knew he started laughing. At first, I was angry he started laughing, but his laugh was such a nice unexpected sound I found myself starting to laugh as well as we stepped away from each other.

"Oh my gosh this is ridiculous." He admitted and I couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Your right, we're acting like little kids," I said, which made him laugh harder as Jupiter let out a breath of relief.

"And here I was thinking you two were actually going to fight," He said with the shake of his head. Finding myself laughing harder to, I gave Pluto's shoulder a shove.

"We need to find a way to get along." I admitted. Before Pluto could respond though, the assistant principal cleared his throat.

"I agree, how about we discuss it in my office?"

And within an hour after that Pluto and I were leaving school early to go home and "work on our issues".

"I can't believe you got us suspended for the rest of the day." I grumbled for the fifth time since we both left the school.

Apparently, the assistant principal had seen the whole thing unfold from beginning to end and he wasn't pleased about. Neither was the principal, who not only suspended us for the rest of the day but informed me that my parents were going to have to come in tomorrow morning to meet about what happened, and I got detention again. In the mean time we had to go home and work on getting along.

"Don't think of it as suspension, think of it as being sent home early. I don't see why your complaining, it's not like we're missing much of anything," Pluto said all nonchalant, making me grip the steering wheel hard.

"You really don't care about anything do you?" I asked harshly.

"You aren't seriously going to start a fight over this? I thought we were going to try to get along." He reminded, making me grit my teeth. An hour ago, I thought I saw potential for friendship there but now I was ten times angrier at him then I was earlier.

"There's a difference between words and actions." I grumbled, wishing I had just left him at the school and made him walk.

"That Gail is very true," He said, resting his hands behind his head.

"Stop calling me Gail please. You know I hate it," I said, and he grinned.

"That's why I call you it, because it gets under your skin. You need to stop being so sensitive." He chuckled. Instead of responding, I was just going to lean over and hit him but before I got the opportunity to, I saw something heart stopping that made me pull off the road fast with a gasp.

On the side of the road, just a little way ahead of us was a car in a ditch with smashed in windows and it looked very familiar.

"Whoa! What you are doing? Are you trying to get us killed?" Pluto snapped as he sat up and gripped the armrests while I parked on the side of the road behind it.

"Shut up Pluto," I said as I quickly unbuckled and got out of my car, before running over to the other one.

Upon approaching the damaged vehicle, I felt the blood in my veins run cold as I recognized the bumper stickers.

It was my mom's car. 

_______________________________________________________________________
Dun dun duuuuun! I love cliff hangers, they always make me excited to update :3 I did mean to post this chapter earlier, but my day was packed and the posting delayed. Sigh. I may have also gotten a little bit distracted by Netflix, I'm really obsessed with Once Upon a Time /.\

-Mari.