The Death of Heat

"Luffy!" Aoi yelled. Luffy punched some marines away from her.

"Go! I got your back!" Aoi said, summoning her water whip and knocking away a group of marines. Luffy nodded.

"Thanks, Aoi-chan!" Luffy said and ran to Ace. Aoi nodded and protected Luffy. Ivankov dropped down beside her.

"Ooohhh, you're rather close with Luffy-boy aren't you?" He asked.

"Of course I am!" Aoi said, whipping away more marines.

"I'm Ace's wife. I have to be close with his little brother!" Aoi said. Ivankov grinned.

"So I assume you know who Luffy's father is, as well as Ace's?" He asked. Aoi grinned at him.

"I know everything there is to know about these boys. It's kinda hard to love someone you don't know, don't ya think?" Aoi asked, sending water spikes up behind Ivankov to get the marines off his back.

"Well, missy, my name is Ivankov. I work in te Revolutionary Army under Dragon." He said.

"I know who you are, Iva-chan. My name is Aoi." Aoi said.

"Oh? And how is it that you know me?" Iva asked.

"I'm gifted in the ways of seeing the past and future of those I love. I knew Luffy was going to meet you." Aoi said.

"Well, it is nice to know that Whitebeard's Daughter is so caring." Iva said. Aoi grinned at him.

"Just so you know, Iva, when you get back to your island, one of Luffy's crew members, Sanji, is going to be there. Take care of him." Aoi said. Iva looked over at her as she blasted more Marines away.

"It's been nice talking to you, Iva-chan. But I have a scaffold to get on. AKA!" Aoi called.

Suddenly, the purple haired older female appeared at Aoi's side and grabbed her hand.

"Time set: Slow." Aka snapped her fingers and time slowed for the two women.

"I owe you big for this, Aka. It's nice to see you again." Aoi said.

"Save it for a time when your husband's life isn't at stake." Aka said as the two ran through the slow moving Marines and Pirates.

"I'll be off to the side, just in case you need time to slow enough for you to move Akainu's fist, but after that I have to get back to Law. I can't be seen." Aka said.

"Then don't get caught." Aoi told her.

"Shatter." Aka commanded. Aoi popped over at the scaffold as Luffy unlocked Ace's cuffs.

"Aoi!" Ace said. Aoi grinned at her love.

"Hey, babe! Sorry I wasn't of much help on Banaro." She said.

"All that matters is that you're alive! Thank you for not fighting them. You would have been taken, too." Ace said.

"Let's get out of here." Aoi said.

"Not on my watch, I'll execute the three of you my self!" Sengoku said, taking his Golden Buddha form.

The scaffold began to collapse.

"Shit! How did I forget this part?!" Aoi thought, she moved to put up a wall between the scaffold and the marines trying to shoot it down, but she wasn't quite fast enough.

Aoi closed her eyes and waited to fall. Then she heard the sound of a fire cracking and felt a warm arm wrap around her.

"Geeze, you two. You're always causing trouble. Looks like I'll just have to protect you. As always." The deep voice rang in her ears.