You Called For This.

Ace's POV

"So... There's a woman?" Jinbei asked. I nodded slowly.

"She's the best thing that ever happened to me. You'd like her. She's the sea goddess's favored one." I said.

"You mean she ate the water-water fruit and lived?" Jinbei asked me. I chuckled.

"Yup. She's not called Water Knight for nothing." I said.

"Is she strong?" He asked.

"Incredibly. Possibly the strongest woman to roam the seas... She'd probably be able to take Big Mom and Boa Hancock. No problem." I laughed.

"Ace-kun... You are staring death in the face, and yet... You laugh. Don't you want to live for this woman?" Jinbei asked. I sighed and leaned against the wall I was chained to. I reflected on all my moments with Aoi. Her bright smiles just for me. Her glittering eyes. Her beautiful voice. Her gentle touch. The way she looked so peaceful as she slept...

It was truely amazing. I didn't even know her for three years, and yet I'm married to her, with a baby on the way and it feels as if I've known her my whole life.

"She's the reason I can look death in the face and laugh. As long as that woman lives. As long as she still stands and fights, then I know I've lived a full life. She is my life.... She's my wife." I said.

"I see..." Jinbei said.

"I also have a little brother." I said. I began to tell Jinbei all about Luffy.

I didn't know how long I was there in Impel Down. Days... Weeks... Months... I didn't know. All I could do was talk to Jinbei and hope Aoi was okay. That the pregnancy was going smoothly. That everything was okay. That my baby was okay.

"Son or daughter... I'm sorry I never got to hold you... And I'm sorry your father is a big piece of shit. Please... Be good to your mother." I thought. I heard the sound of the vice warden walking towards me.

"It's time, Fire Fist."

I let them lead me out of my cell.

"I hope you get the chance to meet my brother someday, Jinbei. I hope we meet again in the future." I said.

"Goodbye, Ace." Jinbei said. With that, I was lead off.

Aoi's POV

Time skip

Hell.

That's what was around me. Hell.

We had numbers. We had strength. We had haki, devil fruit users, and even pure will power.

But I knew. I didn't need the visions to tell me what fresh hell was happening.

Luffy wasn't coming. Not this time. We were helpless. We were going to lose. The only one that was going to make it out of here alive was me. I had to live. For my child.

I was on the brink of tears. I was going to lose everyone I ever loved. I was going to run away again. Why? Because Pops and Marco both made me swear that if there was no hope of us all surviving, then I would run away and live with my baby.

"Long time no see... Whitebeard!" I heard. I turned and saw Crocodile making a move at Pops.

"Water summon-" I started.

"GUM GUM PISTOL!" A rubber arm shot out and punched Crocodile away from Pops. My heart pounded as the rubber boy dropped down by my father.

Luffy went through his whole thing of "I'm gonna be pirate King! I'm gonna save Ace!" To Pops. Luffy was bent down, ready to run, but I was happy. My heart soared with joy. I had hope again.

"Luffy!" I called. I ran at my little brother. Luffy stood up straight and turned.

"Aoi-chan!" Luffy called as I jumped on him.

"I'm so glad you're here! Now we stand a chance!" I said.

"You believe the odds are in our favor now, Aoi?" Pops asked. I nodded.

"I know so, Dad. With Luffy with us, we can get Ace out of here." I said.

"I'm gonna save Ace!" Luffy said. I nodded.

"I'll be right by your side. Every step of the way." I said.

"Aoi..." Pops said.

"Trust me." I said. Luffy and I ran forward, aiming to save Ace.

"Luffy, watch out!" I said. I grabbed Luffy and threw up my water shield and deflected the bolt of light Kizaru sent at us.

"Oooohhh.. Straw Hat Luffy and Water Knight Aoi. You two are rather gutsy for challenging us." Kizaru said.

"Us? Challenge you? Fuck you! You called for this! You know you were declaring war against the strongest man in the world and his family the second you announced this execution! You know what you were fucking doing! You called for this! You fucking called for this!" I yelled at him. Kizaru lifted his leg, ready to kick a bolt of light at us again. Luffy and I readied ourselves for a fight.

"Don't even think about it!" Marco called as he swooped down on Kizaru.

"Aoi! You take Ace's little brother and get to Ace!" Marco said.

"On it!" I said. Luffy and I took off again.

3rd person POV

"Move this execution along!" Sengoku yelled. As Luffy and Aoi fought their way past various Vice Admirals, the executioners raised their blades.

"STOP!" Luffy screamed. He released a burst of haki, knocking down countless marines, as well as the executioners. Aoi reached back and grabbed Luffy's wrist.

"Let's go!" She said. They ran ahead. Aoi had hope in her heart that they had the possible chance of saving Ace.

Ace watched over the sea of fighting Marines and Pirates. All of this... For him.

"ACE!" A single voice broke out. Ace looked up as a cluster of marines went flying through the air with what appeared to be spears of water in their chests. And at the center of the cleared circle stood two people.

Luffy and Aoi.

Aoi turned and her eyes met with Ace's from across the battle feild.

"We will save you! We're going to leave here together! The three of us... We can be a family!" Aoi said. Ace felt his heart beat quicken. The marines around him, maybe even the Pirates around him thought Aoi was referring to Ace, Luffy and Herself. But Ace knew that she was referring to their child as the third.

"This all is because of you." Sengoku spat.

"I'm scum..." Ace said. Sengoku looked down at him.

"They're out there. My father. My friends. My little brother... Even my wife. They're all out there. Fighting, even dying just for me." Ace said as he watched Aoi turn and stab a marine that was sneaking up on Luffy through the chest with her water sword.

"Aoi is doing what ever it takes to keep our family together." Ace thought, tears building in his eyes as he watched his wife and little brother fought together.

"Seeing all this... I'm starting to think... That I want to live!" Ace said.