The Wedding.

Aoi's POV

I fidgeted with my dress.

"Ugh, Aoi-chan, stooooop! Stop messing with it!" Izo scolded me. I giggled.

"Sorry, Izo. I'm just so excited and nervous at the same time." I said. He smirked at me.

"You have no reason to be scared. Just take a look at yourself." He said and turned me towards the mirror so I could look at myself.

"You're so beautiful, Aoi-chan. I bet Ace can't even sit still right now." He said. I smiled.

"You'd be right."

Izo and I turned and saw Thatch peeking in the door.

"Thatch!" I said with a smile. My friend came all the way in and hugged me.

"You look beautiful, Aoi-chan." Thatch said. I grinned up at him.

"I just checked on Ace. He's pacing. You're going to stop his heart when he sees you." Thatch said. I huffed.

"The thing I'm trying not to do." I grumbled. Thatch laughed at me.

"It'll probably start again when he blinks." He said.

"I'm so nervous." I said.

"Don't be. You look beautiful and Ace is waiting anxiously to be your husband. Seriously, he's vibrating." Thatch said, making me laugh. Thatch plucked my bouquet from the vase and put the white carnations in my hands.

 Thatch plucked my bouquet from the vase and put the white carnations in my hands

"It's show time, Mrs Portgas." Thatch said and winked at me. He and Izo went to take their seats and I waited for the music to cue me.

As it did, I felt my heart rate sky rocket. The doors opened and I stepped out on the deck, walking towards my captain & adoptive father and my one true love.

(A/N: fun historical fact: if you were the captain of a ship, you had the legal power to marry a couple. So it Whitebeard is marrying Ace and Aoi because he has the legal power to do so as captain, despite being a pirate.)

It took all my strength not to run down the isle to Ace. He looked so charming. His normally messy black hair was combed back. He was actaully in a tuxedo. I was honestly suprised to see him wearing a shirt.

But he looked so dashing.

"I can't wait to spend my life with you." I thought.

3rd person POV

Aoi finally reached the front and the wedding began. Whitebeard went through the traditional speech welcoming everyone.

Then came the gut wrenching moment of the entire wedding.

"If anyone objects to this Union, speak now or forever hold your peace." Whitebeard said. Aoi and Ace's hearts thumped nervously. No one stood. No one spoke. With a small sigh of relief, Whitebeard carried on.

"The bride and groom may exchange vows." He said. Aoi took a deep breath and started out.

"I promise when you fall, I'll be there to catch you. When you break, I'll be the one to pick up the pieces. When you cry, I'll catch your tears. When you need arms around you, I will give you mine. When you need a body to hold, I will give you mine. When you need a heart that will love you as you are, that will beat for you, I give you mine. When the rest of the world leaves, I will stay. When the rest of the world looks away, my gaze won't waver. When your world goes dark, I will be your light. I will stay by your side as your lover, your partner, your friend and your wife." Aoi said with a steady voice, sliding Ace's ring on his finger. Ace drew a soft breath.

"I promise when you're weak, I'll give you my strength. When the world pushes you away, I will hold you close. When everyone else lets go, I'll hold on. When you're cold, I'll give you warmth. When you can't stand, I will carry you. When you need love, I will give you mine. When you need a smile, I will give you mine. When you need a heart that will love you as you are, that will beat for you, I give you mine. When you are surrounded in darkness, I will bring you light. I will stay by your side as your lover, your partner, your friend and your husband." He said, sliding her ring on her finger.

"Do you, Ocean D Aoi, take Portgas D Ace to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in piracy and in wealth, for as long as you both shall live?" Whitebeard asked.

"I do." Aoi said, making Ace's heart flutter.

"Do you, Portgas D Ace, take Ocean D Aoi to be your lawfully wedded wife., to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in piracy and in wealth for as long as you both shall live?" Whitebeard asked.

"I do." Ace said, smiling brightly. Aoi smiled back.

"By the power invested in me as captain if this ship, I now pronounce you man and wife. What are you waiting for, Ace? Kiss your bride!" Whitebeard said with a laugh. Ace didn't have to be told twice and he dove for Aoi's lips. Immediately, Aoi's arms went around Ace's shoulders, kissing her husband deeply. Ace's arms wound around Aoi's waist.

Everyone cheered as the finally pulled away.

"I love you." Aoi whispered to Ace.

"I love you." Ace whispered in to her neck.

Finally, Ace and Aoi were bound together in marriage.

--

RT_Strawhat_Ninja: shout out to 3am updates am I right? Well, that was slightly shorter, but prepared your anuses, because....

It's time.