Chapter 36

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie" – unknown

My dad said that he killed those women because he had no choice. What gives him the right to play god by taking their lives?

"Look you got to give her some answers," Levi coaxed. "You already confessed that you killed them, there isn't anything now stopping you from being honest with your daughter now.

"

"I said I will." Daxton mused, "Be a little patient, my friend, I want to enjoy my visit with my daughter."

Is this his way of maintaining control?

Online it says that serial killers kill to control and dominate their victims.

Is this what the woman saw before they were killed?

----This insatiable thirst to control every moment.

-----The sadistic desire to prolong his victims suffering

Even now, he still wants to be the one controlling the cards.

I reached for Levi's hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze. We didn't want to rush Daxton especially not knowing how jail has affected him.

Has he had any psychological consequences of long term solitary confinement?

He's been in isolation for so long that he's lost meaningful social contact.

I would feel rage if I was stuck in a small room for an extended period of time. ----like those poor whales they have in small aquarium tanks at Sea World. The whales bang their heads into the tank walls and bite on steel gates. In the wild they are so use to swimming 100s of miles a day but in these small tanks they just swim in endless circles.

There is nothing exciting about that.

There's nothing new and stimulating about the same routine over and over again.

Daxton had to be a broken man.

Jail breaks people.

Daxton leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest. "Your boyfriend sounds like a cop, Maisie."

"He's an officer."

"Hmm," He frowned with disgust. "I'll answer any question you may have Maisie but you will not like my answers."

I know.

I know I'll hear things that I won't like but it's better than having no closure at all.