Chapter 22

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

I could have made it a whole lot easier if I just said yes to be Levi secret date.

Melody smiled and stood up behind her desk to greet Levi as he approached her. "Hey I was just about to come tell you I'm heading out. I think Maisie is still around so make sure you don't accidentally lock her in."

"Speaking of her, do you know where she is?" he asked, dryly.

"I saw her walk into the storage round a little while ago. Chief asked her to sort through some inventory." She asked, her voice confused as she saw the intense stare of his eyes. "Is she in----"

Levi interrupted her and held out his hand. "I need the spare key please." He waited with his palm facing upwards.

"What happened to yours?"

"She took it. Melody, I need that key." He repeated, adamantly.

Sighing, Melody slid open her desk drawer and pulled out the storage room key. She placed it in his palm and asked nervously, "She's not in more trouble is she?"

"It doesn't matter. You can leave; I'll lock up once I'm done here."

Melody watched as he walked off, his feet heavy like bricks.

I was on my knees organizing the bottom shelf in the storage room when the door suddenly opened then slammed shut.

My heart leaped in my chest

Levi appeared in plain sight, and oh the look on his face summed it all.

He wasn't happy and it had to be my fault.

What crime did I commit now?

It's been a total of 96 hours since I last slapped someone so what else could it be?

"You never listen do you," Levi said with a scolding tone. "I can't believe you would put me in that uncomfortable situation, Maisie!"

"First of all, I'm going to need you to tell me what I did," I raised both my hands defensively, standing up. "I swear I've been an upstanding citizen as of late."

"You told Cassie to ask me out even though I specifically told you I wanted you or no one else."

I opened my mouth to speak, to defend myself, but there was nothing I could say to change the fact he was indeed right. I did tell Cassie that he didn't have a date and that she should ask him anyway.

I figured he would say no.

How hard is it to say no?