Chapter 4

4

I taped my paw against the door of Greely's meditation room.

"Uncle Greely?", I asked, "Uncle Greely? I have something to show you."

I turned the handle. It was unlocked. I gently pushed the door and it creaked softly.

"Greely?"

No one responded.

I slowly and quietly stepped in to see no one there. Where is he? I thought. I found it strange that he wouldn't be there. His do not disturb sign was up, so he should be in there.

"LIza?!", I called.

"Yes little one."

"I can't find Greely."

"He's in his meditation room."

"I just went there to find him and he wasn't there."

For the next week we tried to find Greely. Then Cosmo disappeared. Week after week alphas vanished till my dad was left. By this time we knew it must be the phantoms.

One day I had Rosy come over to my den for a play date. We were in my playroom playing Risk with the much music channel playing in the background. My dad was making lunch. Suddenly we heard the clang of a can.

"Papa?!", I called, "Are you okay?!"

We went to the kitchen.

"Mister G.?", Said Rosy.

My dad was gone.

"No", I said, "Papa."

I started to cry.

Papa! No!", I yelled, "They took him!"

Rosy grabbed my arms and held me.

"Hush. It's okay. We'll find them."

"THEY TOOK HIM! THEY TOOK HIM!"

Then a beam of light shot up in the air. Rosy flew back and hit her head against the wall and fell on the floor, unconscious.

I ran away from home that day. I ran to the farthest and coldest part of the north. I collapsed after days of running and fell asleep, unaware of the markings appearing under the corner of my eyes.