We make a good team

Evelyn's POV

**********************************************************

I tighten my coat around me, peering at the big doors, holding our target.

Rafe pops back into the bushes we found in the park across the way from Kyler Banks's home, with two steaming cups of hot coco I think.

I narrow my eyes at him and hiss, "Rafe! We are on a mission, not a coffee break! Get serious!"

I swear this kid sometimes.

Our whole team acts like children. I'm pretty sure Rafe is rubbing off on all of us.

Rafe just rolls his eyes and sips from one of the cups setting the other one down. He looks over at Kyler Banks's house and says, "Alright, do we have any idea how good his security is?"

I scoff and dig around in my bag and say harshly," Well, he's the best spy in the world Rafe, what do you think?"

Okay, I'll admit the whole thing with Sam has completely changed my mood today.

Rafe frowns and looks at me fully." What's up your butt Evelyn?" he asks

I let out a frustraded sigh and look at him." Nothing," I tell him, trying to mask my emotions. Sadly, I'm not very good. A spy doesn't know everything.

Rafe's eyes light up and he gives me a light chuckle." You like someone!"

What. The. Hell.

"W-what! No I don't!" I squeak, my face becoming pink. What the hell Evelyn?

"Oh you so do Eve-," He cuts himself off and whips his head over to the house we've been watching for a while now. We watch Kyler leave his house, walking into the busy New York crowd.

I jump up pulling Rafe along with me, rushing after this guy.

************************************************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rafe's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dang! Evelyn may be small and weak looking, but she really knows how to drag people along when she's after something!

I stumble after her, trying to gain some kind of balance.

A black suit catches my attention from the corner of my eye. I snap my head over to it and see five or so guys all spread out, looking into the crowd too. And I bet I know who there looking for too. Our guy, Kyler Banks.

Great, now a bunch of teenagers and possible trained killers are after this guy. This situation is of course asking for trouble. Looking at the men in suits, wow I feel like this is Men In Black. So not a time to joke about this.

The men, put their bulky hand up to their ear and started to move their mouths. I watched the way their mouths move.

"Their moving closer on him, like a block" I stated, walking through the crowd. Looking around, my eyes buldged when I spotted the team.

Shit.

I grabbed Evelyn's hand and pulled her down an alley.

"Taking a different route" I stated, running with her. I stopped abruptly, and looked to see if anyone was there.

No one. I sighed in relief walked to the corner. I spotted Kyler walking into a music store. This is pretty easy, but I shouldn't assume. Stalking our way over to the music store, we made it seem like we were a young couple. As soon as we rounded the corner of the few aisles, I was slammed into the self behind me.

"Why are you following me?" Kyler spat in my face, ew bad breath, just kidding. Evelyn came up and pushed him away.

"Woah dude, we're here to deliver something" I said surrendering. He backed off and crossed his arm. He looked between Evelyn and I with his jaw clenched.

"First off, we might want to go somewhere safe because there are some dudes in suits coming after you..." I trailed off. Kyler nodded and told us to follow him. After a few moments we were in a enclosed room.

"Turn off your cellphones" He spat, okay this dude needs to take a chill pill. We have been nothing but nice to this dude, and this is the treatment we get? Rude... I pulled my IPhone out of my pocket and slid my finger across it turning it off. I looking up at him and I crossed my arms.

"Alright dude, we've been assigned to this top secret case, problem is we can't give it back" I started off, Kyler raised his eye brow.

"Well, where is it?" He asked after a moment. For a spy he doesn't think very smart.

"Of course I don't have it with me!" I stated, I was now irritated.

"Fine, why can't you give it back?" He asked after a moment.

"Well, The case has a bomb in it" Evelyn butted in. Kyler nodded to keep going on.

"And..?" He drifted off. Evelyn rolled her eyes, woah sassy much?

"They want it to destroy Russia, why. We don't know. But I can't have that happen can we?" She snapped at him. I gasped at how snappy she was being. I like this Evelyn.

"I think I know someone that can help" Kyler stated. We nodded and followed him out of the room. Clearly he forgot the men in suits. As soon as he turned the corner, he knocked the guy out with a single back-hand into the guys nose.

Or maybe he didn't forgot.

"Shit" I cursed as I saw a giant, I swear he looked like Shrek for a second. I pushed Evelyn to the side, as the guy rammed into me. Ow.

I lifted my fist, and it connected into his jaw. Leaving a few seconds, for me to get up. He went to grab me around my neck, but I ducked ramming him into the one aisle. He fell into a bunch of old CD's and records. I swung my leg back and connected it into his head, knocking him out.

Peace of cake. I turned around to see another dude ram into me.

I fell onto the floor, hitting my head. Dammit.

He put a knife to my throat, wrapping my hands around the end of the knife. I tried to lit the knife, I was piercing my skin. He was right about to cut my neck, went he was pushed off of me.

"Next time, Rafe tell us were your going" Ryder snapped. He went over to the man in the suit and tazed him. I rolled my eyes, and stood up.

"I didn't have time, Ryder" I spat back. He always thinks he's all so high and mighty, well not this time buddy. I looked over to see Evelyn crossing her arms, looking at the floor. I kind of liked it when we weren't around the whole team. Walking over to Evelyn, I wrapped her in my arms.

"You okay?" I whispered to him. She nodded hugging me back.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you before" She replied quietly.

"It's fine" I laughed.

"Look guys, you want to go or not?" I hear Kyler say. I pulled away from Evelyn, and nodded. Following after him, we exited the destroyed music store.

****************************************************

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

*NOT EDITED*