It's The Alarm Clock's Fault!

I stood outside the entrance, leaning on the hard cold stone. I was dressed in all black, to be camoflaged in the darkness. It was alittle past 9, rolling my eyes. I should have told them 8:45. If we don't get to that kids place we'll miss the window to get him and the document.

I see two figures running towards me and I huff out an irriatated breath, fixing the beenie on my head. Those two are my best friends, but sometimes I just want to strangle them. Rafe and Xander skid to a stop in front of me, both of them dressed in black also. But I think Rafe has warrior paint on his face. I roll my eyes and start walking to the car they gave us to use.

They follow after me and I jump into the driver seat and Xander jumps in next to me and Rafe behind him. I start the black SUV and pull out, driving to the gates.

" Would you like to explain why you are late?" I ask, looking ahead.

I hear Rafe say," Alright, we have a legit excuse this time. So, we went to take a nap after all that running and guess what......Xander the idiot forgot to set the stupid alarm clock. Pretty good exuse, huh?"

Xander huffs a breath and turns a bit in his seat and whacks Rafe in the head." Maybe if your foul stench didn't knock me out right away, we would already be at this dude's place."

We reach the gates and I hand my ID to the guard with the note that was in the file to give to the guard. He takes them and studies them. He hands them back with a smile and was about to say something, but I drive through, ignoring him.

" Uh oh, Ryder is pissed off." Rafe mutters under his breath, but I still pick up on it.

Before I can say anything, Xander cuts in with, " So what's so important about this kid?"

I let out a breath and say, " Well apparently, this kid has very important info. on something my dad wants. Not sure how he got it, but he has it. All we need is to get him and the document and bring them back. In and out."

Rafe whistles and says excitedly," So breaking and entering. My specialty."

I nod and Xander goes into mission mode, scanning the file, looking for anything that was maybe missed. He is always so serious and a perfectionist.

We drive for about another 15 minutes and come across a two story in a decent looking neighborhood. I park 4 houses away and turn off the car. I turn in my seat and face my two buddies.

"Alright, Im going around back. Rafe you watch for anyone, and Xander come with me" I said getting out of the car. I paced my way around to the back of the car and pulled out a black bag. It consisted of weapons and rope. I looked over at Xander and nodded at him. We stalked out way to the two story house and walked quietly around back. We walked to the back of the door and noticed it was locked. Not a problem. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a credit card. I slid it into the side of the door, pushing it open quietly. The lights in the kitchen were off, I motioned to Xander to look out, he nodded back at me.

Looking over into the living room, I noticed a middle aged man. He seemed to be in his 40's, he was a bit over weight. He was in a lazy boy recliner, sleeping. I crept up stairs keeping to the wall. I look at the doors and go to the one at the end of the hallway. A light glows under the door and a sign is on the door. 

 " Keep out if you know what is good for you." The sign says. I scoff really quietly and look through the slightly open door.

I don't see anyone, but that doesn't mean that nobody is coming back. I quietly walk over the desk and see a laptop on it. I look underneath the desk and see nothing but wires. I stalk over to the closet and pry it open. I move the clothes out of the way and see nothing.