22

(hi, i'm so sorry this is late and sorry that this is a little shit, i promise it will get better, i just haven't written in a long time,,)

--

"adrian! open the door my hands are full!"

phil called, leaning against the opposite wall, too lazy to keep the bags down and search for the keys. he shook his head a little to get out the damp hair plastered to his forehead due to sweat, groaning in annoyance when they stay put.

phil was surprised to say the least when the door was opened, and he was greeted by a tall man, almost as tall as dan, instead of adrian. his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he stared at the stranger, letting his back off the wall and taking a hesitant step forward.

"am i in the right house?" phil tilted his head slightly and the man just let out a soft laugh, biting his lip and getting out of the way to let phil enter.

"um, hey, dan was setting up the dinner table and adrian was in the-i'm chris by the way, sorry that you were-" phil tuned out the unfamiliar man's northern accent, his expression slackening slightly.

why would dan call him for dinner? without letting phil know?

"oh that's okay," phil regained his composure, swallowing the uncomfortable lump in his throat, giving chris a hesitant smile. phil noticed the way chris was slightly nervous around him, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his shirt and his olive eyes wandering away from phil's.

he was attractive.

and phil hated that.

"i'm phil," phil settled the bags on the dining table, offering a hand for chris to shake and chris just smiled, taking his hand. "dan's husband," phil sounded a little harsh, emphasising a bit more on the words but chris seemed oblivious, his smile just growing a little bit more.

"i'm aware," he nodded, ending the awkward handshake. "i'm chris, dan's best and probably only friend," chris laughed a bit when dan snorted from the kitchen, obviously having heard the conversation between the two men.

best friend?

"of course, i've heard a lot about you," phil forced another smile, loosening the tie around his neck and gulping again, walking further into the hall and towards the kitchen, where dan was stacking plates and spoons and forks, his back turned to phil.

"all good things i hope," chris joked and phil rolled his eyes a bit, not enough to make anyone notice but enough to indicate that he was annoyed.

"trust me," phil scoffed. "only the good things,"

chris wiggled his eyebrows at dan at the statement, and phil watched as dan's cheeks flushed pink and he punched chris' arm in a friendly gesture. phil just continued to work the tie off his neck, clutching the soft material tightly in his fists.

"how was work?" dan finally acknowledged phil, turning around and pressing a soft kiss to the older's cheek and phil just sighed, running a hand through his damp hair, pushing them back off his forehead.

"it was alright," phil said dismissively, his tone noticeably hostile but dan just nodded, not bothering to ask anymore questions as he was obviously very engrossed in chris.

phil stood there awkwardly for a few minutes, quietly watching chris converse with dan, not joining into their conversation. phil tried to ignore the fact that chris was standing too close to dan, or the fact that dan was okay with chris leaning so close to him, or the fact that chris always had his arm around dan's shoulders or on his back.

phil also couldn't help but notice the unmistakable difference between him and chris. phil was pale, light eyes and dark hair. phil was lanky and awkward and probably had an annoying smile.

here was chris, just slightly tanned, his eyes a dull shade of olive that only made him look much more qualitative and intense, his hair a soft shade of caramel. chris was tall, but seemed to carry himself better than phil, and chris had dimples that phil didn't and he didn't seem to act awkward at all.

he could feel the unwanted anger and insecurity bubble inside him but he kept his thoughts to himself, walking out of the kitchen unnoticed and making his way to his room. his teeth dug into his bottom lip and he shut the bedroom door quietly, unbuttoning his shirt and pants, not bothering to put on a shirt before slipping into bed.

he let out a huge breath, and he figured that it is probably rude to just go and sleep when you have a guest over, but phil was so done and tired and he really didn't want to see any unintentional flirting going on between his beloved husband and chris.

and so when adrian entered the room to call phil for dinner, phil simply denied, saying that he had already eaten outside and that he brought dinner only for three people.

and of course, phil had originally bought take out for him, dan and adrian, but chris seemed to have replaced phil in a lot of ways, so replacing phil on the dinner table wouldn't be that much of a loss.

he sighed once again, bringing the soft duvet upto his chest, his fingers gripping the material harshly as he shut his eyes, trying to get over the insecurity that a certain green eyed boy had planted in his mind.

--
aH i lost a bit of my style of writing im so sorry,, this will be better the next time i'm just easing into writing again shsgsbsh

aLso,, i'M back!! so that means more frequent updates and more annoying a/n's but i missed writing!! love you guys!!

tell me about ur day in the comments i would love to hear :)