As the goal kick soared passed midfield line, Medina and I both jumped for the ball, but as I came down, I felt a sharp pain in the my knee. I played through the next five minutes, wincing at some points and trying to go through the rest of the first half. 

As the halftime whistle blew, I limped back to the benches and quickly sat down.

"Camilla, what's wrong?" James asked, worry evident in his voice.

"Oh nothing. I've just had problems in this knee for a couple of years" I responded, attempting to hid the pain in my voice.

After hearing that, he quickly jogged over to the team doctors and Pekerman. 

"James, I'm fine. Trust me, I can examine myself" I sighed, brushing off the doctors. I stood up, attempting to mask my pain, but when I put weight on my hurt knee, I immediately collapsed and cried out in pain.

Worry coated over his face, James bent down and helped me to my feet.

"Ok you are not playing anymore" he explained, making sure I was comfortable.

Pekerman's voice finally broke the silence, "Okay, we're gonna get some ice and wrap a brace around that knee. James is right, you're not playing anymore".

I quietly nodded as a brace was wrapped around my knee and ice was applied. The match began again shortly after, and I could barely watch. At one point, James scored a beautiful goal off of a free kick. He was about 20 meters on the right hand side. He looked right but his foot shot it left, Ospina didn't have a chance.

A minute before the final whistle, a hand ball was called in the penalty box. Luckily, my team was the one that would take the penalty kick. Arias moved back a couple of steps and inhaled deeply. He slowly ran forward and stopped right before, slightly glancing trick, before cocking his head and shooting the ball right.

My team erupted in cheers, and I glanced over at James, smirking.

Standing up, I limped over and stood over next to James. "So, James, who got their ass kicked in the end?" I taunted.

Laughing, we slowly walked back as he kept my slow pace in order to talk before we were interrupted. Suddenly, my team ran over and engulfed me in a huge hug, cheering my name and calling me a better captain than James.

Smiling and laughing, we made our way back to the bench and gathered our stuff. The boys went to change in their rooms and I limped over to mine, slowly changing.

Eventually, we all made our way to the buses and drove the short trip to our hotel. As we walked along the hallway of our rooms, James came up behind me and surprised me.

"You need to rest that knee" he told me, practically ordering me.

"If I recall, I'm the doctor here not you," I chuckled before continuing, "Don't worry, I'm taking a shower and then spending the rest of the day in bed, with room service and watching movies".

"Well after your shower, I'm coming over with your favorite food and we can watch movies together" he chuckled before going back to his room.

Smiling, I slowly enter mine and hop in the shower. 20 minutes later, I'm dressed in my sweats and picking a movie. Suddenly my phone rings and I smile as I notice the caller id.

"So you're done with the shower I guess" he said.

Smiling, I respond that I indeed am and he should bring whatever food he picked up.

"Okay, I'm leaving my room now" he chuckled before hanging up.

Moments later, a knock filled my room and I limped over to open the tall wooden door. I smirk at the sight of a smiling James holding a bag filled with food.

Barging in, he sets the food down on the bed and lays down, leaving some space for me.

"What did you get me?" I asked, my gaze focused completely on the food.

Laughing, he responds, "I got you a burger with curly fries and strawberry milkshake."

Beaming with happiness, I dive for the bag and begin devouring the food, as James' laugh fills the room. We turn the television on to some kind of comedy and get comfortable, his arm wrapped around me, I intensely eating my food and my leg propped upon some pillows.

Minutes later, I began to drift off to sleep, my head falling onto James' shoulder and soon enough, I feel his head lay on mine as the sounds of the movie playing drown out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for all the support! I really can't believe it! Please keep reading, voting, and commenting, it means the world.

I'm so sorry about not updating Friday but the WiFi router was finally fixed earlier today and I quickly began typing up my idea for this chapter.

Sorry the first couple of paragraphs weren't the best but I needed to get the story flowing somehow.

P.S: Who is ready for the first UEFA Champions League match tomorrow? I know I am....

HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS