Chapter Two

Emma and I just arrived at the party, loud music pumping and people drinking in the distance. This was never how I spent my Friday nights, getting drunk and going to parties. You see every Friday night I used to spend with Noah, we would have movie night and order in pizza. Those days are well behind us now though. 

I could see Emma's boyfriend Max in the distance, the only problem is he was sat right next to Noah. We all used to be best friends the four of us, we were practically inseparable. The problem is how do you keep being friends and acting like you are both couples when when the reality is that your not. Noah and I were close and we got into the habit of acting as though we were a couple when neither of us had actually said if that is what we wanted. 

"I'm going to see Max, are you coming?" Emma broke me out of my thoughts.

"no thanks I'm going to go get a drink, I'll catch up with you later."

I set off to find myself a drink, preferably something strong with a kick to it. I looked across the room as i poured myself a glass of punch. It's funny not to long ago I would have been a part of the group, having fun without a care in the world.

"can I get you with anything?" a mysterious voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"no." I replied, I hadn't even seen him move his way over to me.

"come on Ava, when are we going to talk about what's going on?" Noah asked sternly.

" we aren't, now would you.." loud sirens stopped my voice in its tracks. That can only mean one thing, the police. Normally you would think if you haven't done anything wrong then why does it matter if the police are coming, well you see my mum and dad don't know that I have gone out tonight and if they find out I won't be allowed to do anything for months.

"come on we have to get out of here now" Noah's voice broke me out of my trance. Noah reached out his hand urging me to go, without a second thought i grabbed it quickly because I needed to get out of here fast. We made our way out of the house and down a quiet side street where no one could find us.

There was a song silence between us, neither of us knowing what to say. I wanted to let him know that I miss him or even just ask about his day like i would have done a few weeks ago but I couldn't find the courage to ask.

"what are you thinking about?" Noah's soft voice spoke.

"nothing, just glad we got out of there thats all. Do you think Emma and Max made it out as well?" i questioned

"I just got a text from Max a second ago, they made it out and are on the way to his house." I was relieved that they were ok, I know that Emma's parents are just as strict as mine when it came to parties and drinking alcohol.

"come on, I'll walk you home" he offered in a relaxed voice. I followed behind him, not ready to say anything. We continued to walk in silience until we finally stopped out the front of my house.

"thank you for walking me home" I quietly said to him, not to sure what to say.

"anytime, I'll see you Monday at school yeah?" he asked with hope in his voice 

"see you then." I replied as i walked around the side of my house ready to sneak back through my bedroom window.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*photo of Noah above*

that's chapter 2 complete, this story is really starting to get going into the direction I was hoping for thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reader the second chapter!