Chapter One

Isn't it funny how we make decisions that can change our lives for the better or worse in seconds. Some decisions we make are for us and some we make are for others but at the end of the day everything can change in a matter of seconds and we are left watching it all crash down in front of us.

"Ava? Are you even listening to me?" my friend Emma startled me out of my thoughts.

"Of course, I'm always listening to you because you never stop talking" I joke back at her.

you know those friends that constantly talk just to fill in those silent gaps when you are all thinking and trying to have some time to work things out in your mind before your to busy to even think about anything other than what your doing? well she is one of them. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to change her for anything but at the end of the day we all need that time to think.

"the only reason your not listening is because your staring at him again, you can go and talk to him you know? I'm sure he'd really like to know why you suddenly started ignoring him, in fact we would all like to know the answer to that." she replied back.

"who? Noah? I wasn't even looking at him and no I won't go and talk to him."

Noah Butler was my best friend since primary school, we spent most of our spare time together even to the point people always thought we were dating. I definitely miss going with him everyday after school doing pointless things together like having a water fight or spend the afternoon arguing which movie we were going to watch. There he was sitting with his football mates, laughing without a care in the world.

"you know you are the most stubborn person I have met" she sternly replied

"well you should be used to it by now." I fired back.

The bell rang signalling I had chemistry, I quickly made my way to the lockers to gather my books. If i was late again to chemistry this week i was going to get detention and if I'm honest I don't want to be stuck in a room with a bunch of people who smell for an hour whilst I had to write down the reason it's unacceptable to be late for class.

I walked into the room and placed my books on the table as i waited for the next 50 minutes to go past before I could finally go home and out of this place. It was a Friday afternoon and there was nothing I wanted more than to get home and prepare to get ready for the party tonight. It is going to be one of those parties where everyone you know is there and you all forget about the long and stressful week you have had at school and completely let yourself go. As I got home I put my bag on my bed and my phone began to ring signalling a call from Emma.

"hey, what's going on?" I asked as i answered her call

"hey, come to mine so we can get ready for tonight together" she replied

"Ok, I'm on my way let me just get everything I need and I'll be there" I told her.

Tonight is going to be incredible I can just feel it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*photo of Ava above*

please leave comments to let me know how my writing is going, thank you to everyone who has taken time to give it a read!