*

The barbeque was fairly tame, I spoke to quite a lot of people who inspired me to do something with my life. I'd realised that I wanted to be a productive part of the pack and not just lazy around because I was rejected.

I didn't know what I wanted to do but I would find something. I want to be an active part of the pack.

I was now in the car with Jude on the way back to the my pack. He was trying to get me to converse with him but I didn't want to speak about her.

"Give her a chance..."

"She didn't mean to..."

"She just wants forgiveness..."

"Mavis..."

"NO!" I stated. "I just can't, what she did to me-us!"

"She persued her dreams May." Jude spoke softly. "She didn't mean to- she didn't intentionally mean to cause you pain."

"Jude, it's not just that. She abandoned us when we were eight!" I exclaimed. "Can't you see that?"

"She's trying to make it right."

"Is she though?" I raised an eyebrow. "Is she really? I feel as though she's going to just use us."

"She wants her family back." Jude convineced.

"I'll think about it." I told him and he smiled.

"That's all I am asking."

*

I entered the pack house, happy to speak to the Alpha to get me a job until my eyes came across Ace and Maddie and something inside me churned. It wasn't a bad thing but it was a feeling of realisation. I knew what had to be done.

I couldn't keep holding onto something that wasn't ever going to turn into something else. I was stuck in limbo and I had to decide. To move on or to stay spitefully. In this moment I decided.

I approached the couple, Maddie stared at me for a secondin shock and surprise, unsure of my appearance. Ace looked as if he wanted to walk away. His posture was extremely confused yet awkward.

"Mavis." He spoke, my name in his voice was painful to me.

"I know, I know you want me to accept your rejection and I damn well hope you know why I haven't." He bobbed his head slightly in understanding. "I am not sorry though that I've caused you confusion and I am not sorry that my lack of acceptance has put your life in an awkward position and I am certainly not sorry that your wolf won't speak to you."

"What are you getting at?" Maddie spoke, her voice was quite harsh and spiteful. I sent a glare in her direction.

"Yeah Mavis, what are you getting at?" Ace added in, I rolled my eyes subtley.

"I am accepting your rejection." For a moment they both looked shocked. "I, Mavis Anders, accept your rejection."

It was as if something was lifted off. A sense of relief went through me and I let out a bright smile. I nodded to myself. There was a look of shock on both Maddie and Ace's faces but Ace look relieved.

"Thanks Mavis." He spoke. "You'll find-"

"-someone better." I completed. He nodded to himself. "You keep saying that." I spoke slowly. "Hopefully that'll come true." I turned to Maddie. "Good luck with the baby." She nodded curtly.

"Good luck with whatever you are doing." I nodded and then turned away from the couple.

I knew what I had to do now. I had to call Alena.

I need a fresh start.

*

[a/n]

Thank you for reading, I really am appreciating your support. 400 views O.o

I love your feedback and I am hoping that you are enjoying my story. I DON'T MIND YOU POINTING OUT SPELLING MISTAKES. It overall helps with editing which makes the story more enjoyable for other readers.

If you want you can go read my friend's book, it's by CosmosRedshift and I am excited to read more. There is only one chapter at the moment but she will publish when she can. It's great.

Anyway, please vote :3

Random question, what's your favourite colour?

Mine at the moment is green. My waldrobe is literally drenched in green clothing.

Okay so I guess I'll see you guys next update...

:D