Chapter 33: Part 1

-Omniscient-

The day of Graduation was a warm one. There was a soft breeze rustling through the trees surrounding the outdoor ceremony, and sunshine painted the white cushioned chairs for the guests a warm, golden toned yellow. Everything seemed so much brighter.

Upon arriving to the iridescent scene, Nico felt like a mix of nervous and excited. Strangely for the same reasons.

"You look green again." Will whispered as he, Nico and Thanatos walked down the middle to look for seats. Annabeth had texted him a brief overview of what Percy's mom and stepdad looked like; hopefully they were already here.

"Shut up." Nico whispered back with a small smile. He looked over to his older brother, who was looking around like a meerkat.

"Thanatos," Nico smiled gently, "we'll find her soon, it's okay."

The ceremony wasn't due to start until one fifteen, and it was currently one o five. That gave Nico ten minutes to find Hazel, introduce her to Thanatos, find Sally and Paul and hopefully make a good first impression. The stakes were high.

"Over there!" Will's voice brought Nico back to reality. And that reality was that he was around fifteen minutes from seeing his boyfriend for the first time.

That reality felt like a dream.

Nico looked over to where Will was pointing and sure enough, Hazel - who was dressed in white and pink - sat next to two adults near the front. Nico's stomach flipped. If that was Sally and Paul-

"Nico!" Hazel was getting up and walking over.

"Hi, little sister." Nico smiled as Hazel pulled him into a hug. Thanatos looked positively distressed stood behind her, not knowing what to do with his hands so instead shoving them into his pockets.

"So," Nico said as Hazel pulled away and turned around, facing her older brother, "Hazel, meet Thanatos. Thanatos, meet Hazel. You guys are brother and sister."

Neither Thanatos or Hazel said anything. They simply stared, wide eyed and curiously taking each other in. Then, Hazel smiled tentatively and so did Thanatos, and then they were hugging, as tightly as Nico was holding onto the arm rests on the plane a few hours prior.

Nico hadn't realised the couple Hazel had been sat with had been walking up to them as he'd been too preoccupied watching his siblings meet.

"Hi," the woman smiled, her blue eyes crinkling around the edges; but, the closer Nico looked, her eyes seemed almost green, simply swirled with blue rather than just blue. He was transfixed. "you're Hazel's brother?"

She was pregnant, too, and holding onto a man's arm, who looked easygoing as he smiled at Hazel and Thanatos, then at Nico. Nico gulped. Sally and Paul. It had to be.

Nico's lips naturally pulled into a smile. "Yes, ma'am. I'm Nico, it's lovely to meet you."

Sally smiled. "And you're also a friend of my son's?"

Nico nodded, a faint blush rising to his cheeks. "Yes, ma'am."

Sally let go of Paul's arm and pulled Nico into a friendly hug, kissing his cheek delicately. But then she whispered, "he told us about you two last night. And he also tells me you haven't answered his texts, young man."

She pulled away with a teasing smile and Nico was pretty sure his face couldn't go any redder. Thankfully, Paul came to his rescue.

"Well, we best be showing you to our seats." He grinned knowingly at Nico, and before leading Sally away, he shook Nico's hand with a wink.