Chapter 17

-Percy-

Nico hasn't text me back. It made me feel odd. I was really beginning to get used to talking to him every day.

I was currently listening to one of his favourite bands, Royal Blood. They're really good, actually. I just wish I could tell him that and he'd actually respond.

Okay, wow. I didn't realise how salty that sounded.

My saltiness aside, my swim meet was officially in two days. Yes, that means Nico hasn't text me back in four days. Pretty odd.

Okay, wow, I've also been listening to Panic! At the Disco quite a lot too.

I wasn't hurt he wasn't talking to me, I just felt weird. It felt weird not seeing his face, or his lips smirking back at me every time he flirted knowing full well I'd just tell him his efforts were being wasted.

He didn't seem to care, though. 'Cause he kept doing it. And every single time brought a newer and deeper blush to my face, even though I knew he meant nothing by it. That was just how he was.

I always tried to ignore the way my heart sunk every time I reminded myself of that fact.

I also realise I was meant to talk about my swim meet, but instead ended up back on the topic of Nico di Angelo.

I don't know why! It was like my brain always had to make a connection to him!

I could be talking about fucking giraffes and my brain would say, 'hey, Percy, giraffes are tall, you know who else is tall? Nico di Angelo. You should text him.'

It infuriates me as much as it confuses me. Because I just got broken up with. My thoughts should be on Annabeth - beautiful, amazing Annabeth - not Nico. As gorgeous as he was, he's not my ex girlfriend.

Oh, and I call him gorgeous with every ounce of my heterosexuality, okay? I can find other guys gorgeous without wanting them to rail me so hard I forget my name.

Although, as it's Nico...

No! No gay thoughts! Go away!

I do not want to have sex with Nico. He's my friend. My extremely attractive friend.

Plus, I'm not that shallow. I don't want to have sex with him just because of his looks.

Wait, no. I don't want to have sex with him at all!

Oh my fucking God, why am I so confused?

-

"Leo, how did you know you were gay?"

"Woah, hey, nice to see you too hermano." Leo motioned inside. "Please, do come in."

I shrugged off my jacket as I walked into the Valdez residence - a small, very homely terraced house. "Where's your mom?"

"Shopping." Leo eyed me cautiously. "Repeat that question from before, please, Jackson?"

I sighed. "I...um, I asked how you knew you were gay."

Leo looked at me sympathetically. "Maybe we should sit down. Coffee?"