Chapter 18

-Nico-

I missed him. And by him, I meant Percy. I really fucking missed him.

Shit, why did I have to mess this up by catching feelings? Feelings aren't shit.

And yes, you read that right. My gay ass has come to terms with the fact Percy is fucking perfect and I want him. I need him. As a friend, as a lover, I don't care. I just need him.

When did this even happen, you ask? Like, wow, Nico, two chapters ago you were in crazy denial?

I'm not someone to suppress any emotions. I'm not afraid of myself. I was, but not anymore. When I want something, I make it known. Although, in this case, I feel like that wouldn't be the best of things to do. It might freak Percy out, seeing as I've only know him around four months.

How can I even catch feelings this fast, anyway? It wasn't normal. But he was just so enticing.

Oh, man. What am I gonna do? I can't avoid him forever. Maybe I should text him. But today's his swim meet, he'll be busy.

Okay, I'll text him tomorrow. If he ever wants to talk to me again. I practically abandoned him.

What if something's happened to him? And he thinks he can't talk to me about it because I ignored all of his texts? Oh fucking shit, what have I done?

Why did I push him away? I know it's my own damn fault, but I needed to make sure I wasn't going to ruin our friendship because of my little crush.

But I think in doing that I ruined it anyway.

-

"I don't know what to do, Silena."

"It's okay, Nico. He should understand. He liked his girlfriend once upon a time, he's not emotionless." Silena said gently.

I didn't know who else to go to, okay? I was not going to Will. There's no way he's getting to know he was right.

Silena continued carding her fingers through my hair. My head was in her lap, and she was half on her phone as she consoled my sorry ass.

"But what if I've ruined us? When there wasn't even an us?" I stared up at her with panic. I could've lost him.

Silena sighed. "Give me your phone."

"Why?" I asked.

"Just give it." She held out her hand.

I raised an eyebrow and reached down into the back pocket of my jeans, pulling out my phone and placing it in her hand.

"Password?" She asked.

"1975." I looked away sheepishly. I loved The 1975.

Silena rolled her eyes and smiled, unlocking the phone. I saw her tap the screen a few times, and then she held the phone to her ear.

"What are you doing-?"

"Hush." She patted my head. "Oh, hi, is this Percy?"

My eyes widened. "Silena-!"

"Yeah, I'm his friend Silena." Silena's lips curled up into a satisfied smile. Then her expression melted into one of when she'd see a cute puppy. "Aw, oh my gosh, you do? You little cutie, I'll follow you back tonight."

She laughed and my stomach flipped. What was he saying? "Sel, what's-?"

"Hush, Nico!" She scolded, shaking her head. Then went back into speaking to Percy. "Oh, yeah, no, he's here."

My cheeks coloured. He knows I'm here. I'm alive. And that I haven't spoken to him.

"Yes, he's here. Sitting right next to me." Silena smiled, but then it dropped. "He what?"