My Babies

I was comfortably asleep when a small light flicked on above my head and a small voice apologized for waking me. I blinked the dots out of my vision and yawned but grimaced as a sharp pain raced through my abdomen.

"Dr. Parker. Glad you could join the living." Bailey greeted, shooting me a small smile. I frowned and rubbed a hand down my belly, only to realize my baby bump was now gone.

"What happened? Where's my babies? Are they alive-"

"Parker, they're fine. They were born very premature but they're strong. You've been out for about a week."

"A week?!" I yelped, covering my mouth.

"Its totally normal. With the type of pregnancy that you experienced, your body is exhausted. Especially with the complications you had." Addie explained as she entered the room, chart in hand.

"So you didn't answer my question. Where's my kids?" I pushed, narrowing my eyes at my sister. She motioned towards the corner of my bed then stated, "We usually keep them in the NICU as you know, but since they're so small and someone is almost always in here,we decided to keep them in here with you so you're not up constantly wanting to walk all the way down there, risking the chance of ripping your sutures open."

"I had to get sutures?!" I demanded,raising an eyebrow. "I thought you said all went well, Bailey!" She raised her hands then defended,"I said your babies were strong and healthy. I never said everything went perfectly fine."

"You ripped." Addison supplied as she pulled on a pair of rubber gloves before she walked over to the incubator where my tiny babies laid side by side, one a slightly dark skin tone than the other but it obviously showed that they weren't full blooded siblings.

"Miska and Nathaniel." I whispered, lifting forward to reach for them only to have Bailey waved me backwards, "C'mon,woman, lay back and we'll get you your babies to hold. Just be careful."

"And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Nathaniel is a Nattie." Derek announced as he leaned against the doorway. I raised am eyebrow then I realized that he was right. My babies were both girls. Addison beamed at me and my girls then I asked excitedly,"What do you think I should name her?"

"Mariah Lynn. Mariah Lynn Parker Karev." Alex answered as he stood in the doorway. "She's my girl anyways."

"Alex,I-" He held up a hand and stated,"Don't. Meredith and Cristina already explained it to me. Look, I'm not looking for an excuse. I know that you were dating Adam, or whatever the hell his name was and you had screwed me about six hours before you did him. Its cool. We were dating after it happened. As long as you're not talking with him anymore,I'm fine with it all... I guess."

"I feel like I'm missing something here." I mumbled,slinking into the bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Addison, Derek, and Bailey leaving the room,closing the door on their way. He waved a hand to me and sat down by my side on the bed before he flashed a grin. He grabbed a pillow and tossed it back in forth in between his hands then glanced up at me and shoved the cotton against my mouth and nose, cutting off my airway.

I fought against him but his strength easily overpowered me by a long shot, considering I just got done giving birth to twins a week ago. I gasped into the pillow but there was no point. I couldn't find oxygen anywhere beneath the material.

I could feel my heart beat racing as my lungs weakened and I became very lightheaded in a matter of seconds. My eyesight blurred and faded for several moments and the last words I heard was,"Sleep in peace, whore."

I jolted up and screamed, my voice sounding like it went through a cheese grater several times a day, every half hour, on the hour for two weeks. Several blurred figures raced inside my room,bustling around to see what was the matter with everything. Some people checked on me while other checked what seemed to be an incubator. Had I given birth to my babies?