A Train Wreck? Yeah, That's What I Am

"Just got a lot more difficult? What the hell is that supposed to me, Shep? Someone tell me what those results were? Do I have a tumor, cancer, did an aneurysm burst, dammit, someone give me answers!" I shouted, slamming my hands against the railings.

"Aviana,I need you to be calm about this-" Pagers begun ringing rapidly which caused the two surgeons to frown at the page before I demanded, "What? What's wrong? Hello? Someone answer,dammit!" I snatched up the remote to the TV then turned on the news, which was about a train wreck.

"Wow. A train wreck. What else have I missed?" I asked sarcastically. Addison turned me then declared, "Your baby daddy froze during heart surgery." My eyes widened then I exclaimed, "He did what!?"

"Gotta go, love you, bye!" Derek rushed out, shoving his wife through the doorway. I sighed, sinking against my bed, then watched the baby's heart monitor and I glanced down at my more swollen belly and let a small smile dance across my lips.

"Hey,hey. There's the baby momma." Meredith snickered, causing me to raise an eyebrow and laugh.

"You're drunk,Grey. What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, shifting into a more comfortable position. She gestured towards what looked like a banana bag and stated,"I need help putting this in. Think you could help?"

I motioned for her to come closer before I clenched my fist for a few seconds, taking a deep breath, and grabbed the needle, searching for a vein in her arm. She hissed as I pushed the needle inside, the vitamins and minerals slipping into her blood flow, then asked,"How's Alex? I heard I kind of lost my mind on him."

"Yeah, he's been hovering over your room. He's hurt, because of you wanting Jackson, but I can't blame you. The man is gorgeous! Did Addison tell you the NIPP test results?" NIPP test results?

"Excuse me? What NIPP test results?" She let out a giggle and exclaimed, "You have two different baby daddies!  Jackson and Alex!" I gulped and ran a hand against my stomach self-consciously then asked,"And she ran that why?"

"Cause I suggested it! Oops, hehe, gotta go!" she shouted, racing out of the room. My eyes narrowed into slits and I reached for the nurse button. No one runs tests on me and my babies without my permission.

"What's wrong, Dr. Parker?" Olivia asked, twisting her fingers together once again.

"Get me Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd right now." I growled. She raced out of the room without question and a few minutes later, she returned with my sister running in front of her.

"What's wrong?" Addison panted, looking over my vitals quickly then noticed that my blood pressure was beginning to rise.

"You took a NIPP test without my consent?" I snarled as I begun to boil with anger. Her lips tipped downwards and she told Olivia to bring her a bag of chlorothiazide before she replied, "Not as your doctor, as your sister."

"You can't play as both,Addison!" I argued, glaring at her. "You and I both know that you are either the doctor or the family. If you're going to be my sister this time, then I want a different OB." She sighed then declared,"Fine. I'll bring someone else in. You had a right to know who the father was and turns out, the twins have two different fathers. But you were unconscious so I made the decision for you!"

"Are you aware how much trouble you can get in for that, Addison?! A lot of it! You can lose your license to this!"

"But I won't unless you report it!" I sighed,knowing that she was right, then inquired,"What was the MRI results? What did Derek find?"

"Abnormal brain tissue. Most likely from when you had brain cancer. He says it should be an easy fix but he wants to tiptoe a little because of the twins. The kidney failure was an easy fix, since you have two of them, and we removed the fluids from your abdomen, which relieved the pressure from your abdominal wall then stitched up the tiny tears in it." she explained, sitting beside me.

I nodded, taking the information in quickly, then I asked,"When will I be able see Alex? I understand that there's a train wreck but I'd like to apologize face to face to him."

"He's beating himself up over what happened to you. And the fact that you were shoving him away and calling for whoever the hell Jackson is, he's hurt, Annie. But if you apologize, I think he'll get over it." Addison explained before walking out of the room, probably getting back to work.

I sat in peace for a few minutes then saw Cristina searching around for something so I called her into the room, curious on what she was looking for.

"What are you looking for?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs like a psych patient would. She glanced down at my fidgeting hands then replied,"A leg. I'm looking, for a leg."

"Are you serious! I'm stuck laying in this crappy bed while you look for a leg and help do surgeries? I hate you!"

"You should hate yourself. You're the one who landed yourself in this situation." she said. I leaned back in surprise then asked, "Excuse me? What the actual hell is that supposed? I landed myself in this situation? Last I checked, I was perfectly fine and now, I'm pregnant with twins and I have abnormal brain tissue. Just get the hell out."

She walked out of the room and I gritted my teeth before dozing into a comfortable sleep. It wasn't your fault,it wasn't your fault, it wasn't your fault... Was it? 

Dream/Flashback; Third Person:

"Avi Girl, are you ready?"  A woman asked. She had light brownish blonde hair and kind blue eyes.

"Where are we going?" sweet little four year old Aviana asked, her big blue eyes wide with worry. The woman stopped, racking her brain for an answer before she declared,"We're going to meet some new people then I'm going back to the hospital so I can save lives." For Avi being as young as she was, she was a genius for her age.

"Okay!" the little girl chirped as dread filled the woman's heart. This would haunt her. She opened up the car door for the child then hurried to the huge oak door, knocking quickly on the wood.

An older woman answered the knock and she had a bitter expression on her face, like she had eaten something sour, only to soften at the sight of the dark headed girl's wide, toothless smile.

"Hi, I'm Aviana! I don't have a last name, but I want one!" the girl chirped, grinning from ear to ear. The elder woman shot a dirty glare to the stranger behind Avi before she stated, "Well, you're in luck, sweetie pie. How about Aviana Parker? Huh? Does that sound good?"

"Yeah!"

Aviana's Point of View, Not Dream:

"Aviana? Hey, your sister said you wanted to talk to me. You're sleeping and I don't want to wake you up but you've been sleeping since your surgery and Sheperd says that's totally normal but I just want to talk to you." Alex declared, playing with my fingers. I groaned as I tightened my grip on his hands then grumbled, "I'm sorry for what I did, Alex."

"It's fine. Things will be fine. We'll be fine. Let's just get you through recovery." he promised, kissing me on my forehead. I motioned him to lay on the bed with him before placing my head on his chest. Everything will be fine.

So that explains her last name, Parker. But who was the woman? Love you!! Comment, vote, share!!